Having Problems Logging In?

Dark0ne

Hello, TES von Nexus.

I request a detailed explanation, as it failed to understand that a "super-scripts" needed to work with your site:

even when you try to download a trifle less than 2 MB download page perfectly still "hung up". View statistics:

the waiting time 2 and then 3 hours - this has not happened even in china's "jungle"!

Separate "gratitude" - for lack of support for download managers: any net user can not be poorer than Bill Gates?

My network set: IE8 (with all necessities including Java), with the add-on Avant and Norton firewall;

base - WindowsXP SP3.

No needs "stupid answers": I'm online with the 93rd (and sometimes regret that the court is not 95;)).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@oldspy. It seems to be working for everyone else. Do you have any programs that block ads? sometimes they will be a little overzealous and block things they shouldn't, as will some firewalls. :wallbash:

As for download managers, bandwidth costs money and the use of download managers are reserved for the premium members who paid for those features. A download manager typically works by having multiple links to the same server open at once, thus taking a larger share of the available bandwidth. It may also keeps a link open even when it is paused and when there are problems on the line preventing a file transfer. You still get the exact same mods for free, just a little slower and with the ads that pay for your use of site bandwidth. :thumbsup:

Do you have any programs that block ads? sometimes they will be a little overzealous and block things they shouldn't, as will some firewalls. :wallbash:

By default, the only hard lockable feature - ActiveX; as a result of adjustments I have even turned off the firewall, even, the result is the same.

On the download manager, though hard to load on the server - is the justification for the lucky owners of access speeds above 10 Mb / s, not knowing the problems in the form of disruption of communication (and who among you will like to fix "broken" files?). The "surprise" does not depend on the file size - just a remote server "sleep" ... Also, some just too lazy to optimize the structure and the "engine" server.

Security settings - a good thing, unless converted into paranoia (disconnected from the network - and DDOS is not terrible;)).

The most terrible suspicion - IP; came here on a single resource (address tell?) And - at the door: "Russian hacker, Bandit, immediately leave this page!" .. political correctness. Italian "proxy" - everything is fine (though they are so "protected?"), worthy descendants of J. Forrestal...

No real trouble logging in, it's just the the Sign In (currently top left) doesn't activate the Firefox save pwd dialog (maybe that element just needs the proper name / designation?)

:)

ps.

A download manager typically works by having multiple links to the same server open at once, thus taking a larger share of the available bandwidth.

Sure, but if the server limit is whatever, then the number of threads shouldn't matter - since that speed can't be exceeded; & btw., the maximum concurrent connections can also be set?..:$

• 3 weeks later...

Just started these few days ago, I realized I could not log in to TESNEXUS when I was using Windows Explorer. Error message below:

"Forum error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

Your login cookie hasn't been set properly and won't allow you to be logged in to this site. This is normally due to a browser plugin, browser settings, firewall or anti-virus on your PC blocking the login cookie from being created properly. You will need to fix this issue before you can stay logged in on this site.

Reporting this error

If you believe this error is due to a bug on the site then please use the contact form to let us know. When reporting this error please include this page URL with your report: www.tesnexus.com/modules/login/do_login.php?verify=1."

However I could log on the NEXUS FORUMS without any trouble.

And I could log on to TESNEXUS, using the same user name and password, when I am using FireFox.

I had been logging on TESNEXUS on a daily basis using the Explorer since 2007 without any issue. And I have tried the suggestions by modifying the Tools>Internet Option, but it still does not log in.

Any one know what is the cause of this???

ghksfd

Strange as it is, I tried logging on using Internet Explorer again today, and it works! To be honest, I still do not know what the problem was.

McAfee (virus protection and firewall) performed a usual full system scan last Monday. After that, I could not log on, for a few days. But since now I could log on as normal, I'd leave this problem for now. I'd be back if this issue occur again.

Thank you very much for responding.

ghksfd

• 1 month later...

Hi

i got this problem

"Forum error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

Your login cookie hasn't been set properly and won't allow you to be logged in to this site. This is normally due to a browser plugin, browser settings, firewall or anti-virus on your PC blocking the login cookie from being created properly. You will need to fix this issue before you can stay logged in on this site.

Reporting this error

If you believe this error is due to a bug on the site then please use the contact form to let us know. When reporting this error please include this page URL with your report: www.tesnexus.com/modules/login/do_login.php?verify=1."

And i have re-installed my computer and still i got that message, and before i have being able to login on the site without any problems, and this problem i got yesterday also that for the moment i don't have any firewall installed on my computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of a strange problem....

If I log into the forums and then leave / close my browser, I can open it up later and open the forums page still logged in.

However, if i go to the Nexus site and click the Forums link, i have to log in all over again.

Any ideas on what I need to do to simply switch back and forth between sites without out having to log into the Forums every time I link over from Nexus?

Yes, I have cookies enabled. Yes, www.thenexusforums is entered into the "always allow cookies" list. Yes, my privacy settings are on medium.

I do not have this problem with Bethseda's Forum and it appears you use the same forum software.

IE8, WinXP

Edit: How weird is this? Right after I post this, cross linking from Nexus works..

I guess nevermind for now.