How to add new languages for soldiers countries?

Naitguolf

Hi.

With Enemy Within, you can hear differente languages from soldiers. But could be possible to add every country to sound like should be? Since for that a voice record should be done, could be great to have a mod ready to just adding voices.

Can this be done?

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi.

With Enemy Within, you can hear differente languages from soldiers. But could be possible to add every country to sound like should be? Since for that a voice record should be done, could be great to have a mod ready to just adding voices.

Can this be done?

Regards

I agree with you Naitguolf. All of the Western European languages are represented but what about the soldiers from Norway, China, and the Middle East? Adding Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Norwegian would really be an excellent mod. Also, some accents for the English voices would really help too.

I agree with you Naitguolf. All of the Western European languages are represented but what about the soldiers from Norway, China, and the Middle East? Adding Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Norwegian would really be an excellent mod. Also, some accents for the English voices would really help too.

I agree, it would be nice.

I skimmed the code, and while I believe it's possible, it would be a lot of work. If I'm reading it correctly, basically all the non-english voices are based on the Localized version for each of the appropriate languages.(Aka, the Polish voices are only there because there's a Polish version of the game) So I guess you could expand the En_US voice selection to just add in additional male/female voices for the missing countries/accents, if you wanted the options switch for using the appropriate language/nationality, you would have to actually recreate localizations for each of the nationalities you wanted to add in.

But, just adding in a British and Aussie accent to the English would be a huge bonus really. I don't mind the fact the African nationalities speak English so much, but the fact they sound like they're from Ohio kills me.

You could unlock Zhang and Durand's voice pretty easily though if you wanted. Though I rarely use Durand because her voice makes me want to punch things.

Edited by projectmercy

• 4 weeks later...