Stargate is getting a new movie

Thor.

This is great news for the series, if they are willing to continue off with a movie. I see no reason for a tv series spin off for it.

Happy :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/30/roland-emmerich-directing-new-stargate-movie

Edited by Thor.

Meh...

When I saw that this morning, was really hoping for a new series or an ending to Stargate Universe or Stargate Atlantis...not a damn re-hash, reboot, whatever the hell you want to call it to an already good movie.

I can imagine it...some "uber hunk" playing O'Neill, some "good looking dorky guy" to play Dr. Jackson, running around shooting crap while complaining that they didn't check their Facebook or something lol :P

Still beyond me why Hollywood can't think of anything original at all nowadays...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather have a complete reboot of the series than any further acknowledgement of Stargate: Voyag-- I mean, Universe. Talk about awful. That show's 40 episodes did more to ruin a once great franchise than any reboot could ever do.

That being said, I do hope that Richard Dean Anderson at least has a humourous throw-away cameo at some point. Doesn't even have to be as O'Neill. He could be a nameless hobo for all I care. He just has to be in it.

I'd rather have a complete reboot of the series than any further acknowledgement of Stargate: Voyag-- I mean, Universe. Talk about awful. That show's 40 episodes did more to ruin a once great franchise than any reboot could ever do.

That being said, I do hope that Richard Dean Anderson at least has a humourous throw-away cameo at some point. Doesn't even have to be as O'Neill. He could be a nameless hobo for all I care. He just has to be in it.

He probably wont be, as I said. This isn't a reboot of the series, it's a reboot of the movie. They are wildly different canons. Roland Emmerich hates the show with a passion.

It's going to be like if they rebooted Star Trek as a show about guys on a sea ship.

• 4 months later...