Do you think Fallout 4 will be announced at E3?

Deleted472477User

So, this year the big question is; will Bethesda be announcing Fallout 4? The evidence for it is pretty good, despite that joker earlier in the year putting up a fake website (he said it was to force Bethesda's hand on announcing that they were working on it. If they were, it didn't work).

We know two things about Bethesda. They love to hype the crap out of stuff when they DO announce it, and when they aren't ready to announce it, they deny it harder than Big Oil backing Republicans denying climate change.

they also hype their hype. I remember back in 2010 my partner and I watched E3 on Youtube, and there was Todd Howard, going on about how they were going to announce a game that everyone had been waiting for and everyone would be really excited about it, and everyone was all "Ooh, yay, Skyrim!" because news was out already about the name being trademarked, etc. Logical assumption, no?

They announced BRINK.

Whoopdie-flipping doodily-do. Come on Todd, it isn't like you didn't know that people were waiting for Skyrim to be announced and that that choice of words would really piss people off when it wasn't Skyrim. So I kind of wonder now if there's some other boring crappy game that no one is waiting to hear about instead of Fallout 4 that they'll announce this year.

Probably Hunting on the Brink of Dishonor. :P

So I kind of wonder now if there's some other boring crappy game that no one is waiting to hear about instead of Fallout 4 that they'll announce this year.

Battlecry? They announced that a couple of weeks ago, and no one has been overly enthusiastic about it. And I doubt they'll "re-announce" it at E3, so therefore I have high hopes for Fallout 4. :smile:

I don't think they have a conference in E3 so unlikely

E3 Schedule

Monday 6/9

• 9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
  • 11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
  • 11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
  • 12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
  • 1:00pm – EA Special Event
  • 2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
  • 2:30pm – Bethesda (Unannounced title)
  • 3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
  • 4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
  • 4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
  • 5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
  • 5:30pm – Final thoughts
  • 6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference
Edited by billyro

i dont have my hopes up per say, but im definitely hoping that they do announce it. i remember seeing the FO3 announcement on G4. where they launched teddy bears out of the handmade gun you could make haha.

anyways ya. honestly it woudlnt surprise me if they announced TES 6 this year over FO4 :/

Lately Bethesda has seemingly been more interested in touching on their other IPs that they've acquired instead of keeping to TES or FO sequels... Which, technically speaking is a better strategy as far as running a company goes. With this sort of strategy, it becomes much harder to push any single franchise to the point where the quality or innovation starts to falter or games feel "samey". Doing this also lets a game studio work with different ideas or mechanics that can lead to a more interesting game once they go back to their bread and butter titles. It may not be what fans of those series want, but ultimately it is for those fan's benefit.