Which Fallout Crossover Would You Like to See Used

Maharg67

20 members have voted

1. 1. With Fallout as the basis (any Fanfic Game) what crossover would you like to have hppen?

• Doctor Who
    • Star Trek
    • Star Wars
    • X-Files
    • Battlestar Galactica (new or old versions)
    • Serenity/Firefly
    • Terminator
    • Transformers
    • Other that you might choose to name in your own post
    • Prefer Fallout with out any crossovers
  2. 2. Do you like Fallout Crossovers

The poll pretty much covers possibilities but one could consider less logical possbilities that might be fun like NCIS or a real Captain Cosmos or Digimon. There is also the choice of how the fallout crossovers would be used such as mods, comics or novels.

As for myself, I have experimented with various crossovers, perhaps too many helping to make my plots too complicated. I do like multiple crossovers but find that some work better than others and that it also depends on the different stories that are written.

After considering the choices presented and trying to come up with my own alternative to them I have decided that the Fallout universe is not really well suited for crossover writing, because of the historical divergence. If you mash something like Star Trek and the X-files together there is no conflict there because both of those stories are set in a universe that very closely resembles our own reality. The Fallout universe is a complete historical divergence, particularly with regard to technological development. The only way I think it could work would be through some kind of convoluted time travel scenario, i.e. the Enterprise passed through/was sucked into some galactic anomaly (again) that sent it back through time to some point prior to the point of divergence, but even then the continuity would get really messy.

Though, for what its worth, that lack of continuity has never seemed to bother the Star Trek writers when they were writing the scripts. The Voyage Home and First Contact both come to mind as examples of near-total disregard for timeline continuity.

Edited by TRoaches

After considering the choices presented and trying to come up with my own alternative to them I have decided that the Fallout universe is not really well suited for crossover writing, because of the historical divergence. If you mash something like Star Trek and the X-files together there is no conflict there because both of those stories are set in a universe that very closely resembles our own reality. The Fallout universe is a complete historical divergence, particularly with regard to technological development. The only way I think it could work would be through some kind of convoluted time travel scenario, i.e. the Enterprise passed through/was sucked into some galactic anomaly (again) that sent it back through time to some point prior to the point of divergence, but even then the continuity would get really messy.

Though, for what its worth, that lack of continuity has never seemed to bother the Star Trek writers when they were writing the scripts. The Voyage Home and First Contact both come to mind as examples of near-total disregard for timeline continuity.

One way to get around what you say is to alter the crossover alternative to fit better.

X-Files, for example, is generally the same but the department works in DC before the nuclear war begins; the X-Files people survive in some kind of suspension capsules.

Star Wars is in a Galaxy far far away so it could be a crossover if an experimental starship brings some Star Wars characters to crash land on the Earth.

Star Trek, Firefly/Serenity, and others could be from an alternate universe.

Battlestar Galactica was searching for Earth and could find it as the Fallout Games version of the Earth.

Doctor Who could be based on a version of Gallefrey in the Fallout Universe so that the TARDIS materializes in DC.

I have changed the Fallout Earth to include Skynet and the terminators but they could also come from an alternate universe.

Transformers I am not so sure about except that they are from the world of Cybertron and could also be seen as visitors to Fallout Earth.

Lateral thinking can often find ways to make crossovers more believable with out getting too twisted.

Another kind of crossover is to make Captain Cosmos, and his followers, somehow come to life.

One idea is to have android versions of famous characters in some kind of post nuclear war android theme park. It was done in a comic book series called Kamandi Last Boy on Earth where an android theme park, based on early American Chicago of gangsters, was still surviving after a nuclear war.

• 1 year later...

Doctor Who and Terminator.

With the Synths, the theme is already set for a Terminator crossover (e.g. SkyNet somehow learns about the Fallout timeline, and tries to ensure its own survival with a multi-pronged attack: it attempts to assassinate Sarah Connor in the other timeline, while here it tries to prod the Insititute to create their own version of Skynet.) :wink:

Doctor Who is known to travel to alternate universes (plus the time lock is a great plot device that prevents rewriting everything), not to mention that there are several DW mods (for Skyrim, FNV and FO3), and they are popular.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wondering how DC-Marvel type superheroes, villains and antiheroes (somewhere between the other two in terms of good and evil) would function in the Fallout Universe such as DC but also other areas including that focused on in Fallout Four. Imagine Iron Man, the Hulk, or others trying to survive in the Wastelands. The Hulk could easily take on the toughest of enemies, even a mininuke would not hassle him very much. Iron Man could have survived, with others, in a Stark Industries designed and built bunker complex of much better design, and build, than the vaults. What would a Fallout version of Batman's Gotham City, or Superman's Metropolis, be like? Would Magneto be trying to take over the post nuclear war world? Apart from old villains, what sort of new enemies could challenge such as even Superman, be it perhaps a massive mutated monster.

• 4 weeks later...

Other, because there are several things that could work well as a crossover.
There's already kinda already similar things to Star Wars/Star Trek in F4.
The Prydwen could be redone into a spaceship from either SW or ST.

And we have laser weapons too and high tech stuff.

Terminator: kinda already have weaker versions in F4, the Coursers, but i want stronger coursers, like T-800 series terminator courser, on which i can burn his skin off.

and obviously MUCH harder to kill.

Transformers: normal every day things that can suddenly transform into a raging metal beast?
sure, why not.

walking around the commonwealth, then you see a mint condition Corvega along the road and wondering how on earth it could look so...new...right out here in the middle of nowhere?
then BOOM, transforms into a even viler version of the sentry bot.

Last thing, other, Fallout: Equestria, but that's already crossed over with lots of stories, SFM vids and a game being made.