Staff account compromise. What's happened and an apology.

Dark0ne

In response to post #15741120. #16442645 is also a reply to the same post.

Depending on your rig antivirus is definitely not a waste of space, but I do agree that its very simple to detect viruses and that we as a community should help give tips to people that might help them in the future.

(Note on the FBI one, sometimes all you have to do is take your computer off the IP address and reset it to get rid of that one. Happened to me when downloading a ROM, I reset the router to give it a new IP and wam blam kazam all fixed up. Only problem is remember to reset your WAP or other Internet "Sign In" password cause you will lose it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an unrelated note I've had a few reports from German users saying that one of the ads on the rotation is sending them to a fake java updater page. This seems to be localised to only German locations, which makes it tough for me to diagnose, but I have been in contact with the advertising supply chain to try and get to the bottom of this and hopefully the issue will be resolved shortly.

Not just German users, I am also receiving the same redirect from one of the ads to that fake java updater page. I'm a US user and unfortunately I haven't pinpointed the source.

ApacheiSkyHair got infected? That's a shame. The uploader took the time to talk to me and they seemed like a very nice person, and someone just had to be a jerk and desecrate the files that the uploader took the time to upload. For those who somehow think this kind of thing is amusing, keep in mind even something as simple as uploading the file to Nexus is not the easiest thing to do and these programers don't do it because they have to but because they want to.

Also for those who download please make sure your virus protection is up to date obviously people have shown they have little regard for others property, but that doesn't mean we can't do our part to protect ourselves.

Good luck to Dark0ne and the staff at nexus on trying to keep the site clean and safe.

best of luck,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I remember getting that Random BAN a couple months back for no legitimate reason... It came up like a random pop-up telling me i was banned by an administrator... Can anyone really get Banned for just browsing? LMAO... Edited by 3nigmatica69