Reaper988

Hey guys,

I have a really bad problem, which makes me pretty desperate and I'm not able to solve it... :/

I've downloaded approx. 10 graphic-mods from this recommended site and followed all the instructions and tutorials.

I've installed the Mods with the NMM and also manually, like I've done it before long time ago.

Now I can't choose these mods in the launcher of this game...neither in the NMM->Plugin.

For this I found the solution: All the mods have neither esp, esm nor bsa files. Thats why the game is ignoring the mods.

Why are these not in the zip-files included?

And when they aren't in the zip-files, why are they mentioned in the readme-files and in the tutorials?

How did you guys solve this problem?

I am trying to find a solution since many hours but I can't get any.

I've searched through the whole internet but without success.

Can anyone help me, please :(((?

Thank you very much!

Hmmm, that's weird. Did you perhaps move the location of your Skyrim installation at some point?

Anyway all those mods should install fine with NMM. The 4th, 5th and 7th mod you linked don't need an .esp. They are just texture replacers and only consist of loose .dds files.

But all the others should use one. (Although I don't use the two lush mods, so not completely sure about those. They might not be compatible with the last version of SFO though.)

Also make sure skyrimprefs.ini (located at C:\Users\(User name)\Documents\My Games\Skyrim on Windows 8 ) is not set to read-only and that it has the line "bEnableFileSelection=1"

Be sure that you only copy the folders inside the Data folder (like meshes, textures and so on) to your game Data folder such as in Link5.

Edited by 0varon

OK I have fixed the problem, but I don't know how... xD

But the Texture-Packs (4k/2k) are not looking so beautifull like on the screenshots :sad:

Most mod authors use ENB for their screenshots. It's a very heavy graphical mod that depending on preset can bring your graphic card to knees. There is over 100 different presets on nexus site.

If you're not satisfied with SkyrimHD try mods made by different authors. For Example Osmodius from Parallax Remastered recently made Solitude and Windhelm texture packs. Vivid Landscapes and aMidianBorn Book of Silence is also highly recommended.

Osmodius Solitude Texture Pack

Vivid Landscapes - Rocking Stones and Mountains

Vivid Landscapes - Castle Volkihar

aMidianBorn - Ebony @2:10 vanilla comparison

Look into all available mods made by those authors.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns