Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

excuse me i am having trouble downloading mods from nexus they give out error at random points mostly near 99% and some in random between while downloading. i can download all small files by retrying download many times sometimes the file comes corrupt but in my case thats rare. i simply know nexus is having some problem because some mods give external mirror other then nexus to download and never once it gave error on downloaded. this means problem is with nexus downloading only.

still its ok coz i downloaded all my needed mods but these 3 are too big for my net connection and instbility of nexus. been days trying to download these author has not provided any external mirrors for it from where i can download without error its frustrating to wait so long and error for days.

i activate the downloading at night and in morning out of 800 mb only 135 was there and stopped nexus shoud do something for it waking up in morning and seeing disappointment :(

could anyone urge the mod creator to atleast provide external links to their page. or make it a rule. help needed on the below :(

monster wars about 400 mb still too big file to download

monster mod 800 mb ( i usually give up on seeing the size here due to nexus errors)

Apache hair (will take about above 10 tries to download this lots of errors.

clocks of skyrim (can download in 3 4 tries due to 80 mb)

found that apachi hair has provided 4shared link in mirror tab and its gonna download now quickly.

i once was able to download all monster mods one time. dont know how but took many nights of downloading because nexus drops my speed to 5 10 kb out of full 60 kb sometimes :x

but then hard disk died coz of using pc on downloading day and night for mods. downloaded all 150 mods back only these 3 remaining.

help needed on these mods and fix the site download problem. :(

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased the premium member thing today and it says im a premium member on my profile but I cant use the premium member servers to download mods and im trying to download a mod that is greater then 2 meg's and its says I cant download a file that is greater then two meg's unless im logged in but im clearly logged in??? never had this problem before now.

I purchased the premium member thing today and it says im a premium member on my profile but I cant use the premium member servers to download mods and im trying to download a mod that is greater then 2 meg's and its says I cant download a file that is greater then two meg's unless im logged in but im clearly logged in??? never had this problem before now.

The log-on for the Forums and the log-on for the file "sites" are separate.

You only have one account, but you have to tell both sides of the Nexus that it's you!

The fact that you couldn't download anything over 2MB indicates that you weren't logged-on (to the "sites") at the time of the attempt.

• 1 month later...
While I have been unable to become premium on the several occasions I tried to access it I have been very satisfied with Nexus. I won't complain about the few times you were down or slow because this site provides such great service it is only a minor inconvenience to wait a short time to download my mods. Without this place what would we do? play our games the way they were issued!

• 1 month later...

Kudos and hats off to all involved in breathing new life into a game (TESV) on the verge of being shelved. The introduction of the latest console platforms left a nasty taste in my mouth, so here I am. The shear volume of work offered here is bit staggering... no worries though! After rummaging through your site, cobbling my game a few times, and reading everything from "This is my first mod..." to "Sorry I cannot update my mod right now as I am writing my dissertation", I have decided to throw in my two cents.

When I first started this venture I knew I would need a strategy just to make the aforementioned volume manageable. I chose to use the number of downloads and the number of endorsements as my first criteria for selecting mods.

This lead to my first observation: there are way more end users than there are modders. A testament to not only the popularity of the game, but of the technology to allow the uninitiated to mod their games with very little difficulty.

My second observation was made in game for the most part. Seems a large percentage of geedunk mods are written only with fellow modders in mind. I get it. I'm not walking out of the store without trying on the shoes first, but as an end user I am not interested in getting my craftable eye-candy skank armor on turn one. I think I would appreciate the author's work more if I have to work (quest) for it and/or take requisite perk for crafting. I would entreat modders to add an optional file for the mod to make the appropriate links for quests and perks for a more immersive gameplay.

One more thing before I have to get up and release the hounds: the endorsements. I likes them a lot. They have shown me the way to, at least, the more popular mods. As one who likes choices, I would like a 'thumbs down' selection, but I can imagine why it is not an option. Creative thought and criticism have never been the best of bedfellows. Too many people may consider their objection to content as justification to dis the mod and by extension, the modder. In lieu of a 'thumbs down' button, I may like a character-limited option to tell the modder privately why I like or don't like a mod. Criticism ain't worth spit without feedback.

Once again, my hat is off to to all on this site. I look forward to much more entertainment out of TESV for years to come. Maybe one day I will get to write the words; "This is my first mod..."

Lutra

@Lutra - re: Thumbs down. We tried that - it was heavily abused by idiots giving thumbs down to mods they had no intention of ever using, for mods where the author refused to bend over to the unreasonable demands made, Out of pique, because the user refused to read the instructions and it didn't work. And because some authors were using their followers to thumbs down any mod they considered a possible competitor to their position on the most endorsed list. - In other words - using a feature that was supposed to make it easier for users to find good mods to game the forums for their own purpose.

Most authors actually do welcome constructive feedback. But there will be exceptions. :rolleyes:

On the other hand there seem to be a lot of users that think constructive means they can just say "This mod sux because I can't get it to work." (because I don't have time ( 2 minutes) to read the instructions that the author spent so much time writing (2 hours) telling us how to get it to work.) :wallbash: