Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490 are all replies on the same post.

If modders here are that concerned on endorsements, that's really sad... It's like seeking more attention you can't have. Life must suck, eh?
Even if this was true, they deserve that one second of our attention for all the time they put into creating even the smallest mod for us for free.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'd be interested to hear from authors as to whether they've noticed any sort of noticeable bump in their endorsements over the next week."

I have received a few hundred endorsements in a day, and I have noticed other files are getting significant bumps. Working as intended I'd say.

In response to post #15666910.

Same here. Not sure exactly when this was deployed, but I've seen a significant rise in endorsements on my files above the normal rates.

I've also seen other folks get similar bumps and they've mentioned it too, wondering what got done. So I guess that's working.

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490, #15666810 are all replies on the same post.

starfis: they deserve that one second of our attention for all the time they put into creating even the smallest mod for us for free.

Very good point. Think of how the tens of hours modders can put into a texture replacer or hundreds of hours in the bigger mods like SMIM

tonycubed2: but many people forget to endorse after the endorsing time is up.

Wait, there's a time limit in which you can endorse a mod? Edited by Timmster

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490, #15666810, #15668080 are all replies on the same post.

The time limit is human nature. Memory. Real life shows up and information gets dropped. That is why people still buy organizers both virtual and paper. But I doubt people are going to add a Endorse Mod to their list. The popup serves that purpose. I am not talking about people with a lot of free time. But people with kids, jobs, pets, church, real life problems and responsabilities.

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490, #15666810, #15668080, #15668545 are all replies on the same post.

I think the system is appropriate. There are many files that I download (I like to try different things) that I wind up feeling that I can't endorse, either because I don't like them, they don't work right, or they cause more issues than they fix. Like Dark0ne, I disagree with the philosophy that I should endorse if I download. Just because I tried your file doesn't mean I like it, nor does it mean I want to recommend it to others. There are also times where a mod started out really well, but later on in its development, made required changes that I didn't care for, or broke things that didn't need fixing to the point that I simply had to uninstall the mod. In those cases, I like to have the ability to remove my endorsement from those files.

On the other hand, there *are* times that I do forget to endorse a file that I do like and do want to recommend. Usually, I take care of that from within NMM when I go through my mods (which is pretty much daily), but occasionally there are times where I have to go back through and look things over. This is especially true of mods that take a long time to work through or have subtle effects, like events that you won't commonly notice. So reminders (especially when we can choose to say no), in my opinion, are a good idea.

Thumbs up for the endorsement reminder. I like it, but I've two suggestions: 1 - add the game the mod is for to the mod title and 2 - add some CSS to differentiate lines in the endorsement lists so I don't accidentally click on the wrong one.