Help!

Guest neutronii

Guest neutronii

I played rimworld today and I was thinking is there any mods avaible, So i Googled Rimworld mods. I found few from here and installed them. I started playing normally. When I quited the game and came back at in the evening, the console Reported a lot of errors. So I closed the console and loaded my Colony. The screen Weird:

http://i.imgur.com/3VDsllz.jpg

Please Help Me!

I installed few mods including:

Better Power

E-Vehicles

E-Furniture

Medical beds

Quarry

Uniform mod

Please Help Me!

• 1 month later...
Guest dambalon

It happened to me recently.

Start the game, go into "MODS" and reactivate them

IDK y but all my mods spontaneously turned off

• 1 month later...

i have a similar problem. when i have multiple mods active at once, the main menu fails to load, deeming it impossible to play the game at all

i have a similar problem. when i have multiple mods active at once, the main menu fails to load, deeming it impossible to play the game at all

• 2 weeks later...

I found this helpful readme from the game folder itself that shows you how to reset your game entirely when you get the black screen on start up or when you get a oddity that effects not just a save file but the game functions entirely. Here it is as following:

save games and config files are in these folders, depending on your operating system.

WINDOWS: C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld

(On Windows, the AppData folder may be hidden.)

MAC: Users/[username]/library/cache/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld

LINUX: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld

Deleting config files will reset them. This can be useful if the game is borked and won't start.

For debugging and troubleshooting, the output_log.txt file is in the _Data folder in the game install folder.

Why is it like this? Modern operating systems separate changing data from program installations for several reasons:

-First, it allows different users to have different save and config data.

-Second, it enhances security, because it allows the program to run without having permission to write to disk anywhere outside its own little save folder.

I'm having a related problem where I cannot load mods at all. Trying to do this makes the game freeze, just playing the menu music, without getting anywhere from the mods menu when mods have been turned on. Killing the game and re-starting it doesn't help as the game won't load properly at all.The mods in question are TechTree Minami v. 2.8 and the Superior Crafting 2.11 mods, loaded separately. I have tried removing the config files from the app data folder without any success as well as re-installed the whole game.

Edit: I'm starting to believe that my AMD FX 4170 Quad Core (bulldozer) processor might be a part of the issue, though I'm not sure of where to go to try finding out if that is the case. A friend of mine is also running the game on Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, with 8 GB RAM and can run the very same version of TTM just fine.

Edited by Rocangus1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm experiencing a few different problems.

1. The mod "Inventory Panel" bugs my game by not loading the map once you have chosen a storyteller. No way i found of fixing it apart from removing the mod... This is by the by though because the mod "EdB Interface" Does a brilliant job of providing the extra info needed.

2. THIS IS MY MAIN PROBLEM. Some mods (a lot that add new items)work fine up until i try to place the item. The blueprint goes down, they bring the materials, they build the item and then.... it disappears!!! Has anyone come across this problem before? Really need some help.

The Spewson

Edit: This happens to multiple different items from different mods. :(

Edited by TheSpewson

• 2 months later...

I have same problem than Rocangus1. I tried re-installing the game many times, different mods and mod compilations. All seem to just "freeze" the game.
Cursor moves around the screen and I can hear the music play, but nothing happens.
Some mods take minutes to load ( so I've heard ) But mine didn't load in 75 minutes, then I got bored of waiting and just restarted the game to find out it stucks to loading ---> I deleted the mod config to get bavt to game atleast.

I love the game, but I need more challenge thru mods!

I have nvidia geforce GTX970 if that helps?

Lk138