Steam Summer Sale

brokenergy

just ate my own words

just bought:

Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (I remember hearing good things) - $2.99

Metro Last Light Complete (Still havent played Metro 2033, which i have) - $6.79

I got banished. Made a prosperous village that lasted 100 year in joy and health. Got hit with a tornado that killed my of my people. Rebuilt the town and people started having a lot of baby's.

Save corrupted. Got pissed. Good addictive game.

I bought Thief for 20. It was worth the price but the game has some major downsides (thought parts of it are pretty fun)

downsides

1) no fast travel. sometimes you do a mission, and it takes you through the town. you go through like 4 load screens, along the way let's say you knockout/kill all the guards. even if the mission is opening a window and stealing something that takes 4 seconds, most times all the guards respawn. for any playthrough this is a problem because you have to re-stealth. and if you are going to kill, you will spend a ton on arrows.

2) worlds crappiest map. the map does not indicate important things like where the exits/entrances are to other load screen areas and what they are. also there is no way to look at the map and know what areas you go through, it is just a blueprint.

3) jimmy windows-- looks cool but takes awhile that is fine but you have to redo every time. would be nice if the 2nd/3rd time you just clicked E and the window opens.

4) loot grabbing-- it was really cool to see your hand reach out and grab stuff. at first, eventually, you are bored of the 2 seconds it takes.

5) the plot. holy s#*!. not only does it use the trope "man saves his girl" the game fails to mention this is not the same garret but like a great grandson. and seriously the plot is lame. (an insanely overused trope called damsel in distress. seriously get me a new plotline)

cool: running around, climbing ropes, stealth play. successfully doing objectives gets you more gold.

bought all 3 bioshocks for $10.19. been wanting them for awhile.

and now Civ 5 for $7.49. ugh i hope im done now

Edited by hoofhearted4

bought Age of Mythology for $17.99. more expensive then i would like, but its worth it. ive been wanting to play it for awhile, but its buggy on a new system. so its well worth it.

Bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut for $5.

Bought Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy because it was like $2 and I'll play any Star Wars game.

I'm currently looking at State of Decay and Baldur's Gate.

Edited by Rennn