Help with CTD's/load order [MAC]

ZachW2752

Hey all,
First off I am using a mac with a cider wrapper. No, I am not a pirate. Yes, I know Skyrim is not supported on mac. I am having ctds very randomly, usually very soon after load up, sometimes on sleep or wait. Beacause I am on mac, I cannot use BOSS. However, I think I have managed to create a sort of good load order based off of forum recommendations. Here it is:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
AdvancedKillMoves.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Grass_On_Steroids_SFO.esp-
Grassification_SFO.esp-
WetandCold.esp
Hvergelmir's Redesigned Housecarls - HRH.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Dragon Falls Manor.esp
wood elf lodge.esp
hobbithouse.esp
elvenwood.esp
GypsyEyesCaravan.V.2.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Headtracking.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp-
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp-
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp-
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
randomthunder.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp
Magelight Multi Cast.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
FalskaarRNDHotfix.esp
Inigo.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
Supreme Fog - CoT.esp
Solstheim Climate Overhaul.esm
Solstheim Climate Overhaul - COT compatibility.esp
ShootingStars.esp
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills.esp
WATER.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER Falskaar.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
More_Saddles.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Expanded Thalmor and Arcane Clothing.esp
isilNarsil.esp
DreamBurrowsRegalHuntsmanArmor.esp
BosmerArmorMATY743.esp
ArchmageTolfdir.esp
GauldurAmuletBoost.esp
skyrimaguas_Reforestation.esp
WVExpansion.esp
Hunting in Skyrim.esp
Hunter's Mod.esp
Hunter's Mod - Dawnguard.esp
RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
tSSSSS.esp
Conjuration & Summoning fixes.esp
BetterDualCasting.esp
BetterMageArmor.esp
BetterMagic_FULL.esp
BetterMasterSpells.esp
BetterSpellFinishers.esp
BetterSpellMastery.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
BFSEffects.esp
Horsemen.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
RealShelter.esp
posesivecorpses.esp
Skyrim Scaling Stopper.esp
Skyrim Scaling Stopper - Misc Edits - Dawnguard.esp

YES IT IS A LOT OF MODS. They all usually work, but ever since I installed amidianborn texs it keeps crashing. Funny, because I have had amidianborn before without crash. Plus they are just textures.

I don't know all of my textures, but I have like, 20 that have overwritten those before. All 1k-4k textures.

My computer is a 2012 MBP 8gb ram, intel hd graphics 4000.

The interesting part is that if I remove all the mods it runs fine, or if I remove all the textures and meshes it runs fine. But for some reason, I cannot have both mods and the textures. I can also start with textures and gradually add mods, until I ctd, or start with mods and gradually add textures until I ctd. It sounds to me like Skyrim is running out of memory, but I can't see how that could be since I have 8 gigs. BTW, I have iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000 under papyrus.

If anyone could help me that would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

[EDIT]

I have no idea why the colors mean in the load list so ignore them.

Edited by ZachW2752

Here are some steps you can take to help fix this. Because you are using a mac, and don't have boss, this process will be very slow and very difficult to fix. First of all, Try using tes5edit to clean your files. I'm not sure if that's supported by mac or not, but I would highly recommend using that because Deleted references are pretty much the main cause of a CTD. The next step I would take is to go to the mods url and look in the description of EACH ONE and make sure that none of the mods you have installed conflict with each other. I would also suggest looking at LOOT. I'm not sure if that works on mac, but that will automatically place your mods in the best load order about 85% of the time. It will also give you a log of what mods need cleaned and what mods you have installed that require something else you don't have. If you can't get loot, then I don't really know what to tell you :/ Mac is so strict and limited on what is allowed on their software it's just a pain in the ass. Best you can do is just keep looking at tutorials and the descriptions of each file on the Nexus.

• 2 months later...

Here are some steps you can take to help fix this. Because you are using a mac, and don't have boss, this process will be very slow and very difficult to fix. First of all, Try using tes5edit to clean your files. I'm not sure if that's supported by mac or not, but I would highly recommend using that because Deleted references are pretty much the main cause of a CTD. The next step I would take is to go to the mods url and look in the description of EACH ONE and make sure that none of the mods you have installed conflict with each other. I would also suggest looking at LOOT. I'm not sure if that works on mac, but that will automatically place your mods in the best load order about 85% of the time. It will also give you a log of what mods need cleaned and what mods you have installed that require something else you don't have. If you can't get loot, then I don't really know what to tell you :/ Mac is so strict and limited on what is allowed on their software it's just a pain in the ass. Best you can do is just keep looking at tutorials and the descriptions of each file on the Nexus.

TES5Edit doesn't work on mac, and it doesn't work with wine/cider either.

Anyway, glad to see we're using a lot of the same mods :tongue: I'm on almost exactly the same system you are, specs and everything. I run between 30 and 50 mods. I can get away with 100+ mods on Oblivion, but I will get CTD's as soon as I get to around 75 mods on Skyrim. It's going to take you hours to find the conflict on a Mac... and it might not even be a specific conflict. Figure out how many of these mods add scripts or require simultaneous script functions. CTD's on my iMac, when they're not caused by conflicts, are caused by script overload. So I would either give up on using this many mods, or transfer your data folder over to a PC and run TES5Edit to check everything out... then WB to make a patch if possible, then transfer all of it back over to your iMac and write the new bashed patch into plugins.txt. If you don't have a PC then I think you might be hopeless with this many mods.