Concepts/Ideas that I think will fix Skyrim's Density Issue Part 2

lstfresh

Alrighty, here is part 2. For those who are new to this topic, I highly suggest that you refer to part one for my rationale behind doing this:

Part 1:http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1844205-conceptsmods-that-i-think-will-fix-skyrims-density-issue-part-1/

Idea 3: Making Small Factions Active in Late Game Phase

• While playing Skyrim, embarking on faction quests was perhaps one of the most essential and engaging decisions I immediately took advantage of. However, in the late game phase I felt little to no more involvement with my affiliations. Yes, you have the side quests from the (SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) Night Mother after completing the Dark Brotherhood Storyline but the task becomes very dogmatic and, honestly, I am either too lazy or too busy to bother stopping by. So here's how this concept will make late game players involved with their factions:
  • Because many of us are attracted to factions based on their action-packed quests, this concept will focus on that. While you are exploring or traveling along the roads of skyrim( or settling business within a town or city) a courier will run up to your to give you a letter/message. Depending on what factions you are a part of (excluding the war factions such as the Imperials and Stormcloaks) the message should be from one of them. From the message you find out that the headquarters/sanctuary of your faction has been attacked/raided by a rival faction and that you must return to assist in the fight.
  • The quest should be optional in that you can either ignore the plea or run back and help your company. There is only a short time for you to answer though and when time runs out, you will later receive another message from a courier stating the consequence of your disregard(your faction might've lost some resources like luxury or an important artifact, or lost a generic follower, or have some wounded, or the faction was able to hold off the attack but leaves you with grudges or concerns about your absence depending on the nature of the faction).
  • There should be two quest notifications altogether per event: 1. Deciding whether or not to respond to the message under a time limit. 2. Ignoring message= mission failed; responding the message= tells you to help your friends fend off the rival enemies.
  • The message is considered answered when you arrive at the scene on time.
  • There can be an option from a certain npc within the faction in which you can tell him/her to either clean up the mess(dead rival bodies) or you can pay him/her to recover the damages made (If you are the head leader of your faction, you will be forced to pay through either gold or a certain amount of valuable resources).
  • The amount of rivals at the scene should be configurable
  • The amount of payment can also be configurable
  • After fending off the enemies, the quest should be considered complete
  • There should be a configurable probability in which the quest occurs
  • Another thing to consider; After you and your company fend off the enemy, a unique npc will force chat with you to consider initiating a retaliation skirmish against the attackers. If you decide to launch a skirmish, another quest notification should appear stating the location your faction and the respective enemy will face off. You will meet your faction members, who should be generic faction npcs, so if you want a unique npc like Aela then simply make her your follower. On the opposite side you should find enemies of the faction(who are also generic) that attacked your faction. The amount of npcs should be configurable to a maximum or 14-16 because it is a small fight... not a war. After/late in the battle the enemy will either: not give up thus you killing them all, or retreat for vengeance in which you have a limited time to hunt them down until they disappear, or be in a forced dialogue with a enemy captain/leader where the captain will submit to their defeat and ask for a truce. Here's the thing though: regardless of whether or not you hold peace with them or not, there is an algorithm that randomly generates names or chooses a random name from a category(Roman faction names, viking tribes, etc.) for the enemy faction so that the mod can be used repeatedly. The option to initiate a skirmish should be on a probability upon launching the game. The reward could be a random amount of gold and riches depending on how rich the enemy faction is (which should be randomized also). The equips and weapons can be randomized for the enemy to where they can either have a variety of equips or have the same type of equips.

I did not include war factions because there are already mods that address war faction inactivity. I will come will Part 3 shortly. Sorry for the long post... pretty sure its a tl;dr.

The purpose of this idea is to create some constant interactability between the Dragonborn and his/her factions.I think this idea will be even more interesting if two different faction pleas arrive in which the Dragonborn must decide which one of the factions holds more priority/importance.(Example, receiving messages from both The Companions and the Dark Brotherhood and under a time constraint you have to quickly decide which one to help and which one to put down). Instances like this do place some dynamics within the Dragonborn's gameplay decisions and tests the Dragonborn's commitments.

Edited by lstfresh