Game Epic of Stories

Maharg67

One 19.1[27][34]

The chamber held not just MythicDawn Cult items, such as the daedric magical rings that allowed MythicDawners to summon special armor-arms, but dremora items as well. There were many books written by members of the MythicDawners including written by the MythicDawn Council of Five that had led the cult before Mankar Cameran had murdered the other four, and their close followers, so he could rule alone. There were books by Mankar but also string tied reams of notes, journals full of scrawled notes and even some basic maps of a strange realm known as 'Paradise'.

The items of greatest importance were five powerful magical artifacts.

Two were daedric, being sigal-stones used to power Oblivion Gates to keep them open; sigal-stones also had other uses and the two were highest level types known as transcendent sigal-stones. Only unique sigal-stones were of greater power and potential.

Another was an Aldmeri artifact of exotic nature being a power matrix-stone used, in conjunction with other Aldmeri artifacts, to create a wide range of possible special magical effects.

Yet another was a strange, disturbing, glistening prism crystal semi-enclosed in a distorted ugly brass framework of bizarre decorations. It was a Necromer creation to do with opening a gateway between living dimensional realms and others quite different such as those of undeath-unliven or null-life or others. The gateziza should not have been created.

The last was a great big book of mixed types of leather being human, lizardfolk, catfolk and orc amongst others. The oddly oily pages were filled partly with forbidden knowledge of the creation of the living-dead, of the reanimation of corpses and such like. It was also partly filled with dark magic spells, notes of many kinds, maps and much else. It was not Necromer but hinted at, their hybrid followers, the necromals.

Jorzi03 studied the items, each placed in a crude alcove cut into the same thick stone wall that was extremely ancient. The other items were in such alcoves but each alcove held many more than one item. It was a very important find for a number of reasons. One was possible deeper insights into Mankar Cameran and the MythicDawn, along with MehrunesDagon. Another was the strong possibility that those attacking the MythicDawners had been seeking at least the Necromer artifacts in the lot. Were the attackers trying to capture daedric cultists in order to question them or had they attacked thinking that the MythicDawners might have been carrying either such artifacts or clues to finding them?

Jorzi03 spoke. "Only dead MythicDawners were found but captives could have been taken away along with looted items, of value, including information. Those who attacked the MythicDawn fools may have been searching for things that are here."

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One 19.2[28][35]

Jorzi03 turned to the colorful dressed small man. "Granddad, what do you think?"

Suddenly all the others were startled to see the stranger amongst them except for the Venturers13 who were there. The man sighed. "What you say is true enough, and I will destroy the Necromer artifact and take the necromal book for study, but unfortunately there are other such items that were gathered and placed in the Grand Imperial Labyrinth. The labyrinth reaches out beyond the palace proper, going through parts of the Overcity, the Midcity of utility tunnels and sewer tunnels, along with down into the Undercity. It even goes beyond that to other parts of the island of Imperiarta and down to the depths below the Undercity, to the ForbadenCity (not to be confused with the Forbidden Undercity which is part of the Grand Imperial Undercity). I am Mahargiata, the Eternal Guardian. Your mother is the Eternal Champion and, she being my daughter, of course you Venturers13 are my grandchildren."

Jorzi03 nodded. "We knew it to be so granddad for we had those dreams you sent to us as did mother but the Jadekia we met when we came here is false. Where is our real mother and who, what, is the false Jadekia?"

Mahargiata frowned softly. "I do not know but I suspect that the false Jadekia is the real Caula Voria who vanished during the last year of the Emperor's captivity in the Oblivion Realm known as the Mirrorlands; it is an innocent name for a very terrible domain that even many Grand Daedra fear including some of the DaedraGods. The Daedra Princesses are actually DemidaedraGods. The CloneEmperor is your friend, your loving father, but you must be wary of the real Emperor who changed profoundly while being in the Mirrorlands; the changes were not all for the better.

Mahargiata: "Yes he is more patient and has greater awareness in some ways but he is harder and convinced that he must obtain some kind of godhood so as to rule not just Tamriel but all of Mundus. He is overly ambitious to the point of insanity. Yet the Emperor is not the real threat for some vastly ancient, alien, powerful and subtle dark force has taken control of his tormented mind. It was no accident that Uriel Septim VII ended up in the Mirrorlands after the fake Jagar Tharn betrayed him, after betraying the real Jagar Tharn."

Not all there had been listening for they had fallen into an odd trance like state. Mahargiata had made sure that only those, who could be trusted, learned dangerous information. Those, who could not be trusted, would forgot anything they had heard.

He turned and indicated the ImperialSage Sandrind. "That man is an agent of the ImperialEye, the secret network that in theory even such as the Blades do not know of."

Baurus snorted in disdain. "We know of the ImperialEye Spies, the ImperialHand Assassins, the ImperialFoot Couriers, the ImperialFist Soldiers and others yet to be discovered or yet to be created by the MadEmperor. I suppose there will soon enough be the ImperialEar and the ImperialNose along with the ImperialElbow. Some unknown faction has been sending us important information and other resources."

Mahargiata smiled. "That would be me, and mine! You can trust Jensine of the Imperial City Markets District; she is a double agent truly loyal to my faction. As for Sandrind, he has failed the ImperialEye and they plan to send ImperialHand Assassins after him. I will take him with me and see if he can be talked into changing his ways; I can be effective in such matters."

Those others, who were not in a trance, almost felt sorry for the foolish ImperialSage.

Edited by Maharg67

Please use the poll that I have put into place. It is anonymous, easy to use, quick and you can change your mind by 'deleting' your previous choice and starting again. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

One 20.1[29][36]

Another group entered the other tunnel, that had let enemies into the CloneEmperor's throneroom, and moved along the space that partly filled that wall. In this case there were no alcoves and no statue-pedestals. There were the remains of long dead slaves, of many species and races, who had probably been killed after doing secret work on the tunnels. The remains were many but there were no other items as if they had been looted of everything except iron slave neck-collars of the kind often used by the Ayleid Kingdom of Kingdoms. Perhaps some brutal faction had been trying to get rid of evidence that could have pointed to their true identity.

The tunnel came to an end in a large chamber half half full of big metal cube shaped containers of a kind that none of them had seen before. The steel cubes did not appear to having any lid or any other way of being opened; they appeared to have been sealed shut with great bolts and magical elemental welding. The cubes were dotted with very powerful magical wards burned into the metal sides, and tops, as if to make sure they could not be removed. Magical energy fields shimmered softly to stop anything getting in or out.

From within one of the cube shaped steel chambers came a steady thump thump sound. Something was hammering against the inside of the container, something very powerful if even the muffled noise could be heard.

The short, plump, woman was suddenly there sitting in a wooden rocking-chair that rocked itself slowly, gently. She was busy knitting something that looked like a rainbow colored metallic humanoid of 20 centimetres height and half that wide at the shoulders and hips. There was a peacefulness that radiated out from her, that effected all of those in the group. She spoke in a strong, warm, gentle voice that carried easily but with out apparent effort. "Please do not attempt, in any way to go closer to the cube-cells. They have, in each of them, monstrous entities that were created in secret at the commands of the false Jagar Tharn when he was on the False Dragonthrone. It turned out that even he could not control them and, with difficulty, he sealed them up with the assistance of necromages, necromancers and narcane mages along with powerful battlemages. Even so over half of the others died, and the false Jagar Tharn was wounded, before the last creature was sealed up."

Jonni01 nodded. "Hellow grandma! You going to do something about them?"

She smiled warmly. "Grandson, I will do what I can. I have communicated with the three necrogroms in the past, to ask if they would accept going through a celestial testing. They refused but now they have decided their current existence has become too terrible even for such as they. Please stay back! I am Mahargiana, celestial sister to Mahargiata. I am also of the Eternal Guardian of which we are both aspects of."

Edited by Maharg67

One 20.2[30][37]

Mahargiana smiled as a rainbow shimmering of higher divine magical energies surrounded, and flowed through, the cube-cells and the monstrous necrogroms inside them. She spoke. "As evil as they were, they did not choose to exist and the evil flowed from their great despair and agony. It was fear that stopped them, in the past, from accepting celestial testing but it came to a final decision of celestial testing or final destruction; they chose well! The testing has taken place and though, from your view, it appeared to be quick it was not so for the three. Their souls were dark with corruption before they were tricked, trapped, into being fixed into the necrogroms."

The big cube-cells merged together and flowed as they transformed into one exotic metallic object. It was a far larger dull gold, silver and copper patterned cube of mysterious metallic nature. The patterns slowly flowed, and changed, over its surface. Then a square shaped door formed in one outer wall of the cube. The group tensed, as if preparing for horror or trouble or both.

The big fluffy white rabbit creature hopped out into view and smiled with big white teeth showing, including two bigger buck teeth. It held a large woven basket in one arm. It was naked but seemingly sexless. The group was shocked, in different ways, and Mahargiana gave an odd smile.

"I am EasterBunny!" The big bunny creature spoke with a very warm, jolly voice. "Would you like some hot chocolate drink and-or chocolate eggs and-or hot-cross buns?"

The Venturers13, who were there, grinned because they knew of the mythical creature. The locals were clearly mystified.

EasterBunny was soon joined by SantaClaus and ToothFairy. The locals were even more mystified as the clones tried hard not to break out in laughter.

Mahargiana sighed. "The three former necrogroms wish to show that they have truly become creatures of good karma and good will."

Zero [8][38]

What was discovered with the search of the tunnels, that the living-dead creatures had used to attack the throneroom, was that the MythicDawn had been gathering powerful dark artifacts for their own uses, for the cause of MehrunesDagon; they had been doing so for a long time or so it seemed though it was not certain for how long. The MythicDawn Cult could easily have been proceeded by another cult with a different name or a change of name may have happened. Cults tended to have erratic, secretive, often unrecorded, histories.

The idea of another faction attacking the MythicDawners, to grab certain types of items, was reinforced with groups going out to reinvestigate the deeper levels below the Grand Imperial Palace and Grand Imperial Prison. Proof was found that MythicDawn hide-outs had been attacked, cultists murdered and some items stolen. Signs indicated some surviving Followers, of MehrunesDagon, had been dragged away and some had been dripping blood.

A break through came with the capture of five terrified, hiding, MythicDawners. Given a chance to live, instead of being killed as traitors, along with being protected, the cultists eagerly told all they knew. The information turned out to be quite useful for the five had gained a good look at some of the various forms of attackers, had seen exotic emblems and strange devices.

Mahargiana, and Mahargiata, had vanished but the Venturers13 had a strong 'sense' that they were close. The very exotic entities of SantaClaus, ToothFairy and EasterBunny remained with the Venturers13 who entered the tritranscube (transdimensional transitional transformational cube). The three were surprised to discover how 'eccentric' their choice of identities that they had taken up but they refused to change; they wanted to be SantaClause, ToothFairy and EasterBunny.

The tritranscube was teleported to the throneroom with group inside it, that had saw it created, plus the three former necrogroms.

The investigations, explorations, of the Grand Imperial Palace continued!

Edited by Maharg67

One 21.1[31][39]

"Sire dad, we have had to start again with charting the interior, and perhaps even the exterior, of the Grand Imperial Palace." Jorzi01 sat on the CloneEmperor's lap as he smiled with a mixture of mild embarrassment and pleasure. Some of the courtiers were shocked at the clonegirl's apparent audacity even if she was supposed to be the child of the Emperor. "We have been using the magiputer, that we found earlier, to create a 3Dmap of the kind we have described-explained already to you."

The CloneEmperor Uriel Septim VII brushed back some hair from his clone-daughter's face. "So you are nine years old!"

She shook her head. "Nine and a quarter years old, sire dad, which is very different from nine years old. I look older with bigger breasts, and such like, but that is because I am a clonegirl with double accelerated growth until adulthood. I can live until I am 30 years old, which is very impressive but not as long as you can."

He sighed. "Since I am only a clone who grew to adulthood much faster than you did, and not the real Emperor, my official lifespan will only take me at most to another 10 years of life."

She spoke with a tone of determination. "Sire dad, we will have to do something about both our problems to give us longer lifespans. We are still finding artifacts, treasures, useful items and having them cataloged, stored and-or distributed. Many are being studied. Some are being destroyed or will be destroyed. Those that are dangerous, but to be kept for study or other purposes, are being most carefully secured. The people you gathered, for the task, are finding it hard to keep up with the demands placed on them but security, and secrecy, are important."

The tritranscube stood close to a wall away from the Dragonthrone. It glittered softly as bright crystal-lamp light shone on it. Next to it grew a great big potplant of a dark green bush with many softly glowing round crystaline fruit. The crystalberry bushes were rare, extremely expensive and quite hard to maintain once removed from the magical realm that they grew in. The CloneEmperor fed upon one every day and that kept him stronger, healthier but made him more lethargic; a more effective serum was being developed that was partly made of the concentrated type of healing-potion, that the Venturers13 could summon, crystalberries, nirnroot extract and other vital ingredients.

Jorzi01 yawned, made herself more comfortable and fell asleep. Clearly permission had not been sought, or really needed, to do so. The CloneEmperor hugged her gently to himself and was soon asleep himself. Both had smiles of soft blissfulness on their faces.

As the stories continue I am going to use as many of the original characters, items, settlements and other features of the Oblivion Game as possible though there might be some changes. So far there has been the use of some such as Uriel, Baurus, Jensine, arcane magic, the WhiteGold Tower, nirnroot but there will be others.

Edited by Maharg67

One 22.1[32][40]

BladeCaptain Sasha Renault met two other Bladeguards, Baurus and Glenroy, in a small chamber close to the CloneEmperor's throneroom. She stood frowning softly at her two subordinates. They all wore full Bladeguard gear. "Our comrades have failed to detect any MythicDawn activity at all. They have gone deep underground, perhaps literally into cave systems, old ruins and Undercities. Blades Command doubts they have ceased to be a threat; if anything they will become more dangerous as they prepare to fight a new enemy and because there is a good chance MehruneDagon's pride will have been hurt. It is feared that other daedric deities might give him increased support out of fear, hurt pride, or perhaps more exotic daedric emotions or thinking."

She sighed. "The strange restlessness is increasing in strength across Tamriel. Bladeknights have been doing their duties with Imperial Highway Guards, Imperial City Guards, Imperial Rangers and even mercenaries, Royal Knights and such like. You know of the creation of the Bladerangers, of course."

Increasing resources were boosting the Blades Legion be it from official, semiofficial and unofficial sources. The numbers of recruits had increased and at least half were of a curious but very loyal and efficient nature. The Blades were ordered to not ask 'foolish' questions but to trust the new recruits with some curious similarities between them. Many Blades secretly speculated they were clones and they were correct.

The Bladerangers were two cohorts (Legionary sub-units) meant to work deeper in the semiwilderness and even true wilderness outside of any real 'civilized control'. Bladeguards and Bladeknights were being doubled in number. Special classes, of Blades, were being added such as Blademages (powerful battlemages and some other kinds of mages), Bladehealers, Bladertans (artisans) and the very secretive Bladers who had no official existence and never would. Consideration was being given to splitting away the Bladeguards, as imperial bodyguards, from a new main force of Bladenaries (Blade Legionaries).

The main Imperial Military Forces may have been angered by this except their own resources were increasing as were those to Imperial Civil Services and other factions serving the Empire. That included the Divine Templedom and Divine Orders. Even the Royals, Imperial Guilds and other such factions were gaining from the flow of benefits coming out of the Grand Imperial Palace and from other sources. Many were unknown but factions had learned to not ask too many questions, or the wrong kind of questions, at such times. Very many were benefiting because of the increasing wealth, of the economy, and the way it was being handled.

Baurus nodded. "We have been briefed during the time you were off in CloudRulerTemple. I take it that you used the secret ways to get back and forth, as dangerous as they are."

Sasha nodded. "You should not mention such things, even here, but yes I did and the secret ways seem to be changing. Some of the ways are less dangerous while other areas have had to be sealed off magically."