Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

In response to post #17430039. #17451599, #17613209 are all replies on the same post.

Yep - I often have to click to re-jig the downloads (Skyrim). More frustratingly I am now frequently receiving "server unreachable" returns. So much so I am downloading manually and installing from my own folders.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #16822349. #16823579, #16851379, #17267334 are all replies on the same post.

tidus - there are lots of us with decent broadband connections who are having download issues, from interruptions through to "server unreachable" messages. I am so pleased to hear you are perhaps the only one that does not suffer it.

In response to post #16822349. #16823579, #16851379, #17267334 are all replies on the same post.

tidus - there are lots of us with decent broadband connections who are having download issues, from interruptions through to "server unreachable" messages. I am so pleased to hear you are perhaps the only one that does not suffer it.

I just started re-modding Skyrim and am going from 100 to 250 mods. The unreachable servers definitely prompted me to contribute. For how long depends on a number of factors, but primarily on whether this actually fixes the problem.

BlueGunk, I found that manual installation is the way to go anyways with some mods being taken down or files becoming unavailable due to modders being banned. But that is a subject for another thread.

In addition large-scale modding of Skyrim rarely works smoothly the first time. I am on my second Skyrim reinstall and my second mod "clean wipe" reinstall.

I have seen one post claiming that changing their DNS server made a huge difference - Not sure I understand why, but it might be worth testing,

Instructions on how to do that here, https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#setup

EDIT: This has since been debunked. I got back about 20 replies - it may have worked for 2 of those - and not worked for the other 18 or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update, and glad to see it's all sorted. And great to see the Nexus has grown hugely.

More people Now Understand that PC games ARE hugely supported by the PC Community, who also make the games have a much longer and fun life.

• 3 weeks later...

I've downloaded many mods, over 150, with no problem. The last few days I keep getting

Error trying to get the file: http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/110/1000096161/Harvest Overhaul 2_8_2_0-16553-2-8-2-0.7z?ttl=1417401229&ri=8192&rs=8192&setec=9487e67c89ee2ba80081786999e436cb

for every mod I try downloading. Even manually downloading just takes me to a blank page. I tried logging out and back in and refreshing the page. Not sure what else to try or if this is even the right place to ask about it.

http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/110/1000096161/Harvest%20Overhaul%202_8_2_0-16553-2-8-2-0.7z?ttl=1417401846&ri=8192&rs=8192&setec=6b2bea89711b500ee574e8f0d6487d98

Is what I get after I click download manually.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same problem as Skyrim Junkie5577. My files download fine (either using NMM or Manual) until the last 1%. Then it seems lock up and can't finish. If I try to resume, the file is corrupted. This is true for any file on Nexus Skyrim. Sometimes if I keep doing it over and over again, it will work. But It's like trying to do something if you tilt your head just right and hold your tongue just so LOL.

I am running Win 8.1 no google chrome using IE. All updates are current. Popup blockers turned off for this site.

Not sure what the problem is. Been having these issues since the summer. Can't remember if it started at a certain NMM update, or since I got win 8.1