low FPS and GPU usage ( GTX 780 )

IDuB7

The reason that this was said......

"CPU is a Xeon E3-1231v3 which should be more than enough",

This is not the average LGA 1150 CPU. If it is on a board that does not support it, it could have issues.

The BIOS version not being updated can have substantial performance issues.

All performance variables are set within the BIOS.

All of the newer boards have a UEFI BIOS and Dual BIOS to keep from bricking the board.

I'm trying to help the O/P not engage in anecdotal speculation.

I'm not speculating the BIOS is not a regular update item, unless it fixes an issue you have you do not update it.

I was and am fully aware he has a xeon.

Yes an out of date BIOS can have performance issues, but not normally unless you do have an issue that an update fixes.

Yes all of the performance values are in the BIOS.

Not all of them, that is up to the manufacturer of the specific motherboard in question.

Until more information about the exact parts used in the PC are added. Saying it has a dual BIOS is speculation also.

Because it has a XEON and not an a consumer grade CPU the problem is probably that all the multipliers, voltages, and speeds need to be entered manually into the bios.

I use my experience to back up what I say not to speculate.

I know with your doubting attitude that you will not believe me that not all motherboards with UEFI have a dual bios. Have at look all you want at the motherboard I am using and show me that it has a dual bios, and or is not UEFI. http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P9X79_LE/

EDIT

The information on the parts used in the PC was added while I was typing this. The OPs motherboard does not appear to have a dual bios, or any form of bios recovery. Unless there is something I missed on both ASrock's site, or in the manual a failed update would require an RMA or a new motherboard depending on how ASrock handles these things.

Edited by Guest

The reason that this was said......

"CPU is a Xeon E3-1231v3 which should be more than enough",

This is not the average LGA 1150 CPU. If it is on a board that does not support it, it could have issues.

The BIOS version not being updated can have substantial performance issues.

All performance variables are set within the BIOS.

All of the newer boards have a UEFI BIOS and Dual BIOS to keep from bricking the board.

I'm trying to help the O/P not engage in anecdotal speculation.

I'm not speculating the BIOS is not a regular update item, unless it fixes an issue you have you do not update it.

I was and am fully aware he has a xeon.

Yes an out of date BIOS can have performance, but not normally unless you do have an issue that an update fixes.

Yes all of the performance values are in the BIOS.

Not all of them, that is up to the manufacturer of the specific motherboard in question.

Until more information about the exact parts used in the PC are added. Saying it has a dual BIOS is speculation also.

Because it has a XEON and not an a consumer grade CPU the problem is probably that all the multipliers, voltages, and speeds need to be entered manually into the bios.

I use my experience to back up what I say not to speculate.

I know with your doubting attitude that you will not believe me that not all motherboards with UEFI have a dual bios. Have at look all you want at my the motherboard I am using and show me that it has a dual bios, and or is not UEFI. http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P9X79_LE/

One post before yours I posted the specs.

One of the people I know has an AMD FX8350, and IIRC an GTX 780. I don't know what the other one has for a GPU. He is also dealing with low GPU usage.

I also edited that post to reflect the added specs but I took a long time typing it, and the specs where added while typing it.

In the end I was just trying to advise caution when flashing the BIOS, but it seems trying to help was a bad idea.

Edited by Guest

One of the people I know has an AMD FX8350, and IIRC an GTX 780. I don't know what the other one has for a GPU. He is also dealing with low GPU usage.

I also edited that post to reflect the added specs but I took a long time typing it, and the specs where added while typing it.

In the end I was just trying to advise caution when flashing the BIOS, but it seems trying to help was a bad idea.

The MoBo already has the latest Bios so there actually is no need to update it anyways.

There are a lot of discussions about GPU vs CPU considering Skyrim (Google will be your friend here). You can have the fastest graphics card(s) and CPU bit still get framerate drops. Also, isn't your power supply a bit weak for your graphics card?

There are a lot of discussions about GPU vs CPU considering Skyrim (Google will be your friend here). You can have the fastest graphics card(s) and CPU bit still get framerate drops. Also, isn't your power supply a bit weak for your graphics card?

Even a 450W PSU would have been enough.

And like I mentioned the Xeon I have should be more than enough.

I googled CPU usage alot before posting here. There were no solutions anywhere.

Edited by IDuB7

Well because probably there isn't a solution because of the way Skyrim's built. On nVidia's website and Inno3D's site I see the minimum system power requirement for the GTX 780 is 600w. I'm just bringing this up because maybe your not getting everything out of your gear because of lack of power.

Well because probably there isn't a solution because of the way Skyrim's built. On nVidia's website and Inno3D's site I see the minimum system power requirement for the GTX 780 is 600w. I'm just bringing this up because maybe your not getting everything out of your gear because of lack of power.

I guess if thats the case, other games would also be affected. But games like BF and Far Cry dont have problems. Also the 3DMark score is all good. That wouldnt be the case if it would lack power I guess.

I saw the requirement before I got it and asked around and most people said that 500 is more than enough. Even a 290X would have no problems and this thing needs more power than the Nvidia cards.

it is just weird that people with inferior cards and CPU have no problem running 100+ mods. :/

Edited by IDuB7