No main menu

ITOS

Hello.

When I try to launch OBSE (tried both v0017b and v0018 beta 6) the main menu does not appear, just the background for it. If I move the mouse around I can hear that the buttons are there, I just can't see them.

I have the GOTY edition of Oblivion with the 1.2.0416 patch, if that matters. I've tried deactivating all my mods, not working.

I would rather not have to reinstall everything, so any advice would be appreciated.

This is a recurrent issue... I'll try to dig up the other posts for you matey, as I can't remember what the solution is. First idea would be to deactivate any additional UI's you have (Darnified, Dark UID, etc)

Jenrai

I don't know if this helps but when I downloaded the patch, I didn't need to because I had the shivering isles disk, so the patch wasn't working right because you have to install 1.2.0416 right off your shivering Isles disk. Or your running in Vista right click Oblivion properties/compatability/Run it in XP

Hello.

When I try to launch OBSE (tried both v0017b and v0018 beta 6) the main menu does not appear, just the background for it. If I mouse the mouse around I can hear that the buttons are there, I just can't see them.

I have the GOTY edition of Oblivion with the 1.2.0416 patch, if that matters. I've tried deactivating all my mods, not working.

I would rather not have to reinstall everything, so any advice would be appreciated.

This is a recurrent issue... I'll try to dig up the other posts for you matey, as I can't remember what the solution is. First idea would be to deactivate any additional UI's you have (Darnified, Dark UID, etc)

I actually tried to install Dark UID to see if it would solve the problem. As you may have guessed, it didn't help.

please supply your mod load order. That's clearly a mod problem, not an OBSE problem.

Like I've stated, I've tried to disable all mods I have so I don't think it's any of them. Unless they changed some value in any ini file or something along those lines. The only mods I have that would do that are Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina, Dark UID and... maybe OBGE v2?

Ditch the graphics extender then try again. Me thinkin thar be glitches there. (seems to be a constant in the other posts I've seen with this issue) After removing OBGE you might have to remake your .ini, to wipe it of the changes.

Jenrai

Ditch the graphics extender then try again. Me thinkin thar be glitches there. (seems to be a constant in the other posts I've seen with this issue) After removing OBGE you might have to remake your .ini, to wipe it of the changes.

Well, regenerating the ini seemed to have worked. I will now promptly try to break it again so I can see what it is causing the problem.

I should have thought of regenerating the ini before but thank you everyone for the help.

Well, regenerating the ini seemed to have worked. I will now promptly try to break it again so I can see what it is causing the problem.

Lol. Just when I was starting to think I was the only person wierd enough to do things like that. :D

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...