No main menu

ITOS

Anyone knows of a workaround to the disappearing main menu?It is definately caused by OBGEv2. What's the point in rebuilding the oblivion.ini when OBGEv2 does not modifiy it?

Yeah I know the workaround for this. Read the OBGE FAQ. It details why this happens and the workarounds. You should always read the documentation for mods you install.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

HEYYY EVERYONE!!! I also didn't have the oblivion menu showing after installing OBGEv2 and I didn't have an OBGE.ini file.

So i went through so many forums and they kept saying it was the AA that was the problem. And I still didn't get it cause I didn't have an OBGE.ini file and was changing the oblivion render txt file in My Documents -My Games -Oblivion, I changed the AA to 0 still didn't do anything. But you just got to open the game up and go to options, and remove AA. THen the menu worked for me woot!

So yeh, dont let AA be on. I believe everyone else in the other forums said that you can force AA through graphics cards and it will still show the menu. Hope this helps others

• 4 weeks later...

This happend to me Right after i installed a japanese mod for this called Nehrim wich is like oblivion but only uses its source

I'm pretty sure Nehrim is German dude xD

• 2 weeks later...
Hey budd i had the same problem. I fixed it by not enabling aa anti aliasing or whatever. I DONT KNOW WHY but it fixed it for me. Really strange. I reinstalled me game 5 times with dr and other complicated mods. Only to find that it was that dang aa. Oh well :P. TRY IT IT SAVED MY LIFE

OBGE is what you all are trying to get to work, right??

1. On the VERY FIRST RUN of OBGE, turn off antialiasing on your video card.

2. Turn off HDR in OBlivion.ini.

3. Now, load a save game.

4. OBGE has now generated an INI, go open it.

5. Change the line: "bNoShadersInMenus=0" to "bNoShadersInMenus=1"

6. Turn on your AA, Turn on your HDR.

7. Load game.

If that didn't work, read the instructions again, cuz you are doing it wrong. :P

• 5 months later...

If that didn't work, read the instructions again, cuz you are doing it wrong. :P

Seems i´m doing it wrong.

(With AA off i can start and play normally. Forcing AA with nVidia System control doesn´t work.)

Maybe this is the reason:

I didn´t know how to turn of HDR in Oblivion.ini, so I disabled it at the options of the oblivion launcher.

Cause I already started OBGE i deleted the OBGE.ini, started again and changed the new one.

I can´t activate AA and HDR at the same time. (Geforce GTX 560 ti amp)

Any idea?