Giant Bow and Arrows

TheMenacingNexus

Hi!

I watched S4 Ep9 of Game of Thrones recently, and the near-infamous giant archer. I was thinking, perhaps there could be a Giant Bow and Arrow in Skyrim. Essentially it would function like a normal bow but have the ability to knock enemies flying and kill most human-sized enemies in a single hit. It's a bow which uses spears for arrows. I'm not entirely sure how it'd work though - the bow in GoT looks to be about 1.5 to 2 times longer than a human is tall, making it near impossible for a normal person to hold let alone use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXtFpeKmRQ

Since simply having a massive bow would look bad, my other ideas are:

1. The player becomes a giant in the same way they can become a werewolf or vampire, via a quest
  2. The player starts as a giant.
  3. Instead of having huge bows, have bows as large as bows can get without seeming impossible to use by normal-sized players. The merchant in the Drunken Huntsman, Whiterun (Elrindir) could send you on a quest to get either the bow or the materials needed for it.

I'd prefer the first option, though it sounds harder to accomplish. The second option I know is possible (mods exist which allow players to start the game as a giant). The third option is perhaps the best for most players - introduce a new class of bow ( and a new arrow type.

The arrows and bow should be new models, rather than scaled-up existing models. The bow would be rudimentary, made from wood and mammoth skins. Arrows would be thicker and longer, similar to spears. The arrows would either have very simple arrowheads, or no heads at all - instead the arrow shaft would be sharpened to a point. There could be barbed arrows with sabre-cat teeth. The fletching on the arrow would be simple again, if at all - the one in the video lacks fletching.

I've no idea what the limitations or potential of the Creation Kit, Skyrim or other programs are, and I'm terrible at scripting and anything like that, so the technical side of the mod would be impossible for me to do. If anyone knows how to do the impressive stuff, I could help with the creative side - like brainstorming and writing for quest plots or in-game books etc.

Thanks!

Maybe this would be a good size reference for the third option?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/local--files/greatbows/gough-s-greatbow-on-hand.jpg

It may be pushing the boundaries slightly, and might cause some clipping due to animations, but it seems to be about as large as a bow can get while still looking usable by non-giants.