Will TES6 ever be made?

scissorhands

Given that TESO exists, it seems that Bethesda will be focusing mainly (if not entirely) on that for the foreseeable future. Not only that, the fact that TESO's game world is the entirety of Tamriel means that a hypothetical TES6 won't be able to have anything less, which be taxing for consoles to run. Even PCs will need some pretty expensive hardware to run it. Not to mention there would need to be a correspondingly large number of quests and other content... What does everyone else think?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Beth will tell us what they are currently doing.

As someone who plays Warhammer, I'm used to being in the dark... We don't get announcements on new models until a wen befoe they hit the shelves...

That said, Todd Howard said at the beginning of the hear that no announcement was filming any time soon. Most guesses are we won't hear about Fallout 4 until around Christmas at least, and TES-VI until next summer at the earliest.

Bethesda did not make TES:O - their parent company (Zenimax) set up a new studio for it's development and operation.

It has already been stated that it would not affect any future TES release in related to the single player series.

I didn't know that. I guess you can disregard the first sentence then. Even still, its been a while since Skyrim came out, and there's bound to be another Fallout game (which hasn't even been announced yet) before TES6. Given that, I fear the wait between Skyrim and then will be even longer than the 5 years it was between Oblivion and Skyrim. As I said, TES6 will just have to be bigger in scope than Skyrim, meaning it'll take forever to develop as well.

Most guesses are we won't hear about Fallout 4 until around Christmas at least, and TES-VI until next summer at the earliest.

To be honest, at the rate things are going I'd be surprised to hear about them that early.

Edited by scissorhands

The short answer is, of course there will be more TES games - Bethesda is a business, and a business is out to make money. And Skyrim made them millions and millions, so they will certainly make TES6 and they will continue to make TES games until the series stops making money. They won't be beholden to creating all of Tamriel for any future games because TESO is an MMO which carries different expectations and, as others have said, TESO has a different developer.

Bethesda has a 2 1/2 - 3 year development cycle on its games. Morrowind-Oblivion-Fallout 3-Skyrim were released in 2003-2006-2008-2011. They're due for announcing a new game soon, presumably Fallout 4, which will probably happen late this year or early next for a 2015 release. I think we're all crossing our fingers that the reason they're a bit overdue on a new release is because they're building a new engine. But..

I'd wager on The Elder Scrolls VI: Dominion in 2017 or 2018.

To be honest, at the rate things are going I'd be surprised to hear about them that early.

I'm on the same page. I'd expect a Fallout 4 announcement at E3 next year, with maybe a Q4 release 2015. TES-VI would be in 2016 at the earliest, at least a year after Fallout.