AddIns.xml is nowhere to be found!

Hey. I couldn't find an answer online, only similar questions.

I'm trying to install a few mods for the game, and about half of them fail to do so, stating;

"Could not find a part of the following path: C:/Users/ParagonRenegade/Documents/Bioware/DragonAge/Settings/AddIns.xml"

I'm missing "Settings" and by extension, "AddIns.xml". I don't know how to fix this, and I'm willing to bet simply making new files won't work. Is there anything someone can offer for me? Don't want to manually install everything.

Need a bit more info:

1. What's your game version and install type ("UE", or not? And retail disc, Steam, EA/Origin, other?)

2. What mod(s) are you trying to install?

1. Steam, Ultimate edition.

2. Multiple; Skip the fade, Morrigan restoration, Dog slot and a few other minor ones.

Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated!

Ok, none of the mods you named (and I use them all) require you to know where your "\addins" folder is located.

Following the author's installation instructions should work just fine.

MRP:

Installation - DAZIP version
============================

Use your favourite mod installation application - DAModder, DaModManager, daupdater, etc to install the DAZIP file. So long as no other mods are overriding any of the files listed in the "altered files" section below, everything should work fine.

Skip the Fade:

DAZIP Installation
==================
1. Open "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daupdater.exe"
2. Select the DAZIP file and click on "Install Selected"

Extra Dog Slot:

Doesn't tell you, but it's also a ".dazip" and the process is the same.

To help clarify things, all three of those mods are packaged as ".dazip" files, which means that they have multiple files needed to make them work. These are bundled together for ease of distribution and for standard installation by the built-in DAUpdater.exe program, found in "\<program files>\Dragon Age\bin_ship". Or one can use any of the other mod manager utilities to install them.

But if you attempt to do so manually, you'll likely mess up the ".xml" files. :tongue:

MRP and StF also include a manual install to the "\override" folder option to allow you to adjust things for conflicts with other mods by giving you fine-grained control of which files are used. Unless you really know what you're doing, I don't suggest that method.

More technical info:

1. The original Ultimate Edition moved the location of the "\addins" folder to under the "C:\<program files>\Dragon Age" folder. A Steam install may still have just this one.

2. The EA/Origins download of the UE was changed sometime in the past year and now does only a partial install of the DLC. The first six are still placed in "\C:\<program files>\Dragon Age\addins". But the remainder have to be manually downloaded from the BioWare Social Network, and they will install themselves in "C:\Users\<user>\<user's documents>\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns".

3. I'm not sure the game actually cares in which of these two "\addins" folders a particular DLC is placed, but there is at least one other ".xml" file (not the one for that DLC) that has to be updated to reflect its location.

See why you should use the utility to install them? :laugh: