Hey i just have few question about skyrim,since i just bought it on steam $19.99,and there's 3 DLCs which im going to buy too,but the question is,since my friend also have skyrim and he have those 3 dlcs,what would happen if i copy his dlc's esm (dragonborn,dawnguard,hearthfire) into my skyrim data folder,would i automaticlly have the 3 DLC will it work?? and may i know does doing this legit??if it does i just dont have to waste money on buying the 3 dlc left lol.

It may not work, as the DLC plugins themselves may link to a unique exe.

Not to mention that it's against the steam subscriber agreement. Never worth risking your account over some DLC.

Just buy it.

Just for other readers.

If you do not own Skyrim do not buy Skyrim, but make sure you get the Legendary Edition.

The 3 DLCs separately cost more then the Legendary and you still need to buy Skyrim this way.

If you do already own Skyrim the Legendary Edition is still cheaper if you are okay with steam stealing a copy of Skyrim.

PS

For clarification, what I meat was do not buy Skyrim unless it is the Legendary Edition. The non Legendary edition is not worth it.

Edited by Guest