Dawnguard or Vampire Lord?

Thelovelybones

Ive been contemplating. Should I accept the gift of being a Vampire Lord, or should I remain with the Dawnguard? What are the pros and the cons of each choice? I have beast blood from The Companions, and I think I would lose that, so I would want to make sure before I make the choice. Can someone help me out? Thannks.

You would indeed cease to be a werewolf if you were to accept Harkon's plague gift.

Honestly, everything about the Dawnguard faction is better than the Volkihar faction IMO. The faction characters are more interesting and have more to do, the side quests feel a hell of a lot less arbitrary and fetch-it in nature (especially Sorine's little project), and the ultimate goal feels a lot less goofy as well. And the equipment is significantly more useful and aesthetically pleasing as well.

Hey, I've been having an issue with the vampire lord. For some reason whenever i use the power most of the vampire lord is invisible. No idea what is causing it but it happens every time and on multiple characters. I'm using the unofficial dawnguard patch and it doesn't seem to have fixed it at all. Message me if you have any kind of solution to this issue. Thanks

Ive been contemplating. Should I accept the gift of being a Vampire Lord, or should I remain with the Dawnguard? What are the pros and the cons of each choice? I have beast blood from The Companions, and I think I would lose that, so I would want to make sure before I make the choice. Can someone help me out? Thannks.

Or you could use a mod that would allow both, but that might need a new save.

So far this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49972/? seems to be a good one.

The dawnguard, even if you like to be a vampire and if you are a mage. it's better to choose the dawnguard..

why?

the dawnguard has huskies which are stronger than death hounds,

the dawnguard has armored trolls.

there are merchants in fort dawnguard (yes there are some merchants in castle volkihar too)

the dawnguard will members are willing to follow you while volkihar members will not.

you still can have serana as a follower.

at the end of the questline, if u like to be a vampire you can tell serana to turn u into one.

quests are same, just the second quest is different

Edited by fertax

The dawnguard, even if you like to be a vampire and if you are a mage. it's better to choose the dawnguard..

why?

the dawnguard has huskies which are stronger than death hounds,

the dawnguard has armored trolls.

there are merchants in fort dawnguard (yes there are some merchants in castle volkihar too)

the dawnguard will members are willing to follow you while volkihar members will not.

you still can have serana as a follower.

at the end of the questline, if u like to be a vampire you can tell serana to turn u into one.

quests are same, just the second quest is different

I love the armored trolls!

I went Dawnguard all the way. Well, I actually did take the Vampire Lord "gift" at first, but I found it a little annoying as I was still happy with my normal character playstyle. I was also already a Wolfie (which I've never really used anyway, for the same reason). I've considered going vamp later on if I get bored. I assumed the quests are mostly the same, which it sounds like is the case.