X-13 Stealth Suit - Project Nevada and generic GECK question

vathar

Hi there, I have a combo question. Did some research here but couldn't really find what I was looking for :

Pure mod question :

I'm running Project Nevada and installed The legacy of X-13 armor overhaul (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42911/?). Love both, kudos to the modders and the modding community in general!

I went looking for a PN compatibility patch, especially looking for advanced vision modes built into the helmet. turns out most PN patches seem to have been take offline, but I found that one :

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47067/?

Vision works like a charm, but apparently, the author also tried to integrate the PN stealth functions into the armor by adding the stealth field versions of the armor to the PN stealthfield formlists, and removed the Object Effect NVDLC03AuralStealthSuit, that gives stealth when crouched, but also all the other armor bonii (sneak skill bonus, PER and AGI ...), which is a shame!

I'm looking for a way to revert these changes. I see two ways to do this :

1) Remove the armors from PN stealth lists (don't really need the function as I'm already running a stealth implant on this playthrough) and adding the effect again in the PN patch mod.

2) Add the vision functions directly in the legacy X-13 mod and avoid using the compatibility patch altogether, but it looks more complex and I'm likely to screw it up somehow.

In theory, option 1 sounds easy, but would it work?

If I want to go for option 2, can someone point me to a post explaining how to add custom armors to PN's vision system? I think I saw one in the past, but can't find it and my experiments in this area have been met with limited success (can add visions, but not first person visor effect, and visions drain energy cells, which is not the case in the compatibility patch (I can live with energy cells drain though, would balance the overall power of the armor)

However, going for solution 1) crashes my game, which leads me to my ...

GECK question :

I'm not a geck expert at all, I've useb Oblivion and Skyrim creation kits in the past for some basic tweaking, but I feel I'm missing a key step here.

I try to edit the PN/X-13 patch to do the abovemnentioned changes, but it does not work. As soon as i modify the esp, the game then refuses to launch (it loads up to the intro, but remains unresponsive, no mouse, no keyboard except task manager call to kill it). i even tried to load the esp, select only the masters listed (NV, OWB, PB rebalance and equipment, and X-13 legacy) and save it without changing anything in the file, it still crashes.

Any idea where my noobish mistakes lie?

Thanks for your assistance.

Finally managed to make the helmet work by going for option 2 (I Created a small esp containing a script to add the helmet in the desired formlists.)

Just to be on the safe side, I'd like to know :

- Since I'm using a script and not touching the formlists directly, this should NOT break other mod's compatibility with Project Nevada. Am I correct?

- Spent a loooong time trying to figure out why the *$^ù@# thing would not work before i realized that GECK would not add an esp as a master (and X-13 legacy is an esp) so I edited the header with FNVEdit and everything went fine. Is that the proper way to do or do I risk breaking stuff?

PS : Still don't know why I could not edit the original compatibility patch, if anyone knows the answer, I remain curious about it :)

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...