Battle for Whiterun bugged, Imperial side

Rhymie

Okay, I hope someone can help me with this issue, as it's really annoying.
I was doing the imperial legion questline, as I have done before with other characters. When I got to the mission "Battle for Whiterun", everything seemed to be fine. I jumped over the barricades, drove the Stormcloaks back and defeated them without failing a single subgoal. After that, I moved on to other quests so the city could return to a non-war state.

However, when I came back, I noticed that the drawbridge that I had defended from the Stormcloaks was still up. There is no way to lower it, and whenever I want to enter Whiterun, I have to take the way over the walls.
My question is if there is any way to force the drawbridge to open. I have tried restarting the Battle for Whiterun quest via commands, but nothing will work. Attempts to go to earlier stages of the imperial questline failed as well. And sadly, I have no saves of a pre-battle state.

Any help is highly appreciated. I'd imagine that I can somehow alter the drawbridge with the Creation Kit, but I have no experience with it and would need a tutorial on how to fix the drawbridge.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by Rhymie

• 4 weeks later...

I have a feeling I'm going to be too late to help but I have a solution. It's not perfect but it works.

(I had the exact same issue after whiterun siege).

In the console type:

prid 6a167 (and then press enter)

Then type: disable (press enter)

Now type: prid 17055 (press enter)

Finally type: enable (press enter)

This should fix the drawbridge issue with general gameplay, although if you come across any scripts which open and close whiterun gate I can't vouch for whether or not they will work.

I hope I wasn't too late in helping but if anyone has the same issue this should work.