Nif Scripts Plugin Does Not Install

Nubnuber

I have downloaded and installed the following:

Blender 2.4.9

NifSkope 1.1.3

Python 2.6.6

PyFFI 2.2.2

I am trying to install Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.9, but I keep getting this message:

http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2013/03/18//130318074623924610986074.png

I have already installed PyFFI, but whenever I try to run the Nif Scripts installer, I just get the same message. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Nubnuber

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't know what the issue is but have installed Blender enough times to sympathize. Have you heard of Blender Portable? Just unzip it somewhere and run, no installation. Only used it briefly so far (import and edit) but works fine. Stroti (a prolific modeller and modder) endorsed it so it must be pretty good.

• 2 years later...

installed in the exact order on the wiki, still get the same error as original poster. no older versions of nif scripts appear to exist on the web anymore so virtually every tutorial, youtube, etc. online is now worthless. no way to get .nif into blender. game over unless you want to buy 3dsmax

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been successfully using Blender 2.78c with the development version of the script. It works well, although there's a few bugs that I'm trying to help fix. Installation is at most 3 clicks.

May I ask how? Import is completely broken. What's your workflow?

• 4 months later...