Help... I'm giving up

Yizzin

Hello guys.

Before I start I want you to know that I was very exited in the begining. Now I'm very hopeless, I don't know what to do in order to make my game stable.

I will make this quick, Skyrim is a nice game, there are mods (thanks to you people) that I did love so much that I decided to buy the game on steam 2 days ago. I have some modding experience from other games. I am not a modder, I don't make any mod, but I install and use mods which people make, which means that I'm not that amateur, I know how to make the mods work.

Ok here is the issue: I cannot make my game Stable and I'm using ONLY 4 MODS which is ridiculous, it's very ridiculous because there are people that use an average of 30 - 80 mods and they're fine. I would like to know how do they do that.

The problem is that I get CTD every time I got out to Skyrim, I mean the meadow. I barely play for 4 minutes without a damn crash which send me to my desktop everytime. Besides this problem I haven't noticed any others; CTD is the only single problem that I have.

I'm going to attach 2.img to show you my game and my nexus mod manager.

Please, If you know something you can teach me to solve this I'll be very grateful. The idea is to have fun with the mods, but they're making me insanely frustrated. And play without mods is not an opcion for me. I do prefer to eliminate the game :c ( I love my girl character).

PD: The mods that I'm using can be found very easily in Skyrimnexus website.

Picture: http://postimg.org/image/vr9degccr/

I have a thread on this regarding these issues with the game http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1931189-this-game-sucks-too-much/ No one seems to have answer ?

Personally, a thread named "this game sucks too much" is not even worth opening. The game isn't flawless, but still one of THE games in the fantasy/open world genre. The mod potencial makes it even better, something no other game can compete with. A thread with such a name shows a lot of disrespect for everyone who created this game and everyone who gives his or her freetime to make the game even better via mods. And that's not enough. Plus, the game works. If it doesn't there are only a few explanations: 1. your rig can't handle it, may it soft- or hardware related. 2. you did something wrong. Most cases can be categorized under 2., so don't blame the game, blame yourself.

But back to topic:

I would recommend to reinstall Skyrim completly, including the DLC and mods, download everything (Skyrim, dlcs, mods) anew, just to be sure there is no corrupted file. After thats done, download the unofficial patches too, they fix a lot of stuff. And make yourself known to TES5Edit and how to clean with it. You may ask why, you just use 5 mods, what is there to clean? The DLC. In their released form they contain dirty edits, which may crash your game.

Oh and like gandalftwalready asked: Your system specs would be nice to know, just in case.

If you have not already reinstalled the entire game completely at recommended by Xelan255, I would try something more simple first. I do not use the Nexus Manager - I add and remove mods the old way - "TESV - Shortcut". I setup a shortcut to the TESV file on my desktop. I would go back to TESV - Then take all new four mods out and try to run the game. If it runs, I would add them back one at a time.

With anything like this you have to ask yourself - What changed? Has the game ever run correctly? What did you add before the game began crashing? Or did you just download the game - add all mods and try to play? Did you verify the integrity of the game cache in Steam? Assuming the cache is fine, and you installed all the mesh and textures correctly, and your computer is able to run Skyrim - I am guessing either your mod 6 or 7 or both are the issue. I have installed the hair mod and an armor mod should not create issues. But the character making and editing - those could cause issues.

Still though, run the game without the last four mods for hair and so on and just see if the game runs. What happens (run or not) will tell you the next step. Either verify cache integrity and or reinstall game (if it does not run) or add mods slowly one at a time waiting for the crash again.

Lastly, I would love to see what happens when you remove mods 6 and 7 and you just left the hair and armor mods. I am guessing game will run fine.

Good Luck!!!

First, thanks for taking your time trying to help me.

To make things clear: My game without mods don't crash; it's literally perfect. So there's not need in blame my computer or any file which I may have deleted unintentionally. So, this possibility is discarded.

@gadalftw: I haven't installed the unofficial patches. This could be the reason why my game is so unstable. Which patches do I need? I was taking a look and I found that there is one path for each DLC. Are all they necessary?

@Xelan255: Thanks for your answer mate. It seems very complicated, I saw the video and took a look at the information. What I'm going to do is installing the unofficial patch and see if there's any improvement.

@Shelene:Thanks for your answer. The game without mods runs smoothly and there's not CTD. This means that my "Stock" game is not the problem. The problem starts when I do install ALMOST ANY MOD.

@Gloops1: The game is not bad. I understand you; you are just frustrated because you can't enjoy the game as you would like to. It makes me frustrated too, I waste too many hours of my holidays in this, but the reality is that this game still essential for true RPG lovers.

Just in case, a lot of mods that causes me troubles (like TERA ARMORS) don't cause any issues to anyone but me. I'm starting to suspect that the reason why my game crashes is because of essential things and patches, some of which I really didn't know they were that necessary.

Now my question is: Besides the unofficial patch, what else is over there that is considered as something essential in order to make the game sustainable? I think this could be the difference between success and failure in modding.

==========

My PC Specs:

RAM 4GB, Intel® 2 quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz, Ati Radeon HD 3870. It's not a big deal, but as I said in the picture, it is more than enough to run the game in medium graphics with 1080p of resolution (60fps).

Edited by Yizzin

You need them all except the high res patch.I don't know how stable they will make your current save but once you start a new game they should make a difference.

Use Loot or Boss to order them.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23491/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25127/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31083/?

Since I've the links saved, here they are. Don't forget the cleaning of the DLCs itself, the actual cleaning isn't that complicated, there's a new step-by-step guide on the CK wiki, link in my post above.

I have to say: I don't think its your armor mod itself, which causes the problems. Except there is a graphic bug, but in general armor mods are little to no threat to your stability, in my experience anyway.

To answer your last question: Besides the unofficial patches there is nothing essential in regards of stability. However there are a few mods to fix other things, like crafting (there are some flaws with items having the wrong or none material, but nothing gamebreaking, just oversights). There are ways to give the game more memory in RAM and VRam. but that shouldn't be neccessary in your case and I'm not sure if your rig could handle that anyway (no offense, just limitations of your RAM and VRam).