Different color between members

Deleted3619564User

This would cause arguments and discrimination, I know because it's happened in other communities.

With admins it's different, because we know they can eat us whole. With normal players they just flash around their colours.

Edited by IceDolphin

@Thandal: i think it can be good to identify member types. Today there isn't much difference between a paying user and a non-paying user. This could be a little "plus/benefit" for who helps to you carry on a forum as good as this. :)

@Dark0ne: I see. You could group users in groupboxes or frames, instead of giving a "mass list" all together like now.

@IceDolphin: there is already a discrimination from the moment when a member decides to pay and become a premium user.

@Alenet; Your first point is correct: there isn't much difference between members who have contributed (and let's be clear, Premium Membership is a voluntary contribution to the Nexus, not a "fee-for-service") and all the other members. That's on purpose.

From the "Go Premium" page (emphasis added):

Premium Membership on the Nexus sites is a way of donating to the upkeep of the sites while also gaining some advantageous perks for your browsing experience both on the sites and within the Nexus Mod Manager.

Most importantly, without the support of our Premium Members the Nexus sites would not be able to keep running.

Which means your third point is incorrect, at least as far as the attitude of the Site Owner and Staff toward the membership as a whole. Members are members, and we work hard to give all of them the best experience we can. Yes, there are a few benefits for becoming a "Premium" member. Those are basically "thank yous" from Dark0ne.

(Oh, and your "Premium status" is already publicly acknowledged through the title/scroll under your avatar.)

@Alenet you're right, but as far as I know, which isn't a lot, Premium members don't get much out of donating expect some faster downloading and a cool name tag, but when some pretty rich boy pays 5 dollars for a blue name that's when I get pissed >:( But in all seriousness, I don't think the color thing should happen. In a lot of communities not all but some people who have donated or bought something from a sight then look down on others, and some people are jealous (which is hard not to be).

Yes Thandal. That's right! In fact i wrote "This could be a little "plus/benefit" for who helps to you carry on a forum as good as this.".

I am a premium user for months, i will remain a premium user and i'm happy to donate to people like you because this is the best game forum in the network.