NMM loadorder 0A

peppercat89

Hello,

I am new to the nexus forms or other nexus sites and its products, and I have come up with a question. The loadorder in the manager goes from 01 to 09, with 00 greyed out. But what does the loadorder 0A mean?

I now play with requiem on a new game, and requiem needs to be the last to load I've read. But it is the tenth mod to load, but instead of getting loadorder 10, it got 0A. What does that mean and does it do anything?

Btw, I now realise I forgot the check forumrules, so I don't know if this is posted in the proper location. Feel free to let me know.

Greetings,

Alexander

Technically this should go in the NMM forums, but I'm not going to penalize for that as this is basic info that a lot of people are probably wondering about.

Reading the rules would be a good idea as they are different from many other forums.

00 is greyed out because it is the game esm itself and is required to be the first thing loaded. It must be there and cannot be moved.

The numbering system is NOT decimal ( base 10, 1 through 10) but the hexacecimal (base 16 which counts 0 to F) used on computers. Hex is 0 through F and is often represented in pairs - so 00 through FF - 0=0, 1=1 but 10 = A (or 0A), 11=0B and 15 = 0F then 16 = 10, 17 =11, 18 = 12 up to 255 = FF - FF is the largest number that Hex can show in just 2 digits. It does go on so a number like 1000 would be represented as 3E8 :ermm:

Computer geeks don't count 1 to 10 , instead they count 0 to 9 - still 10 numbers, but confusing for non geeks there is a reason, but I'm not going to get into that here. :blush:

It could be worse, they could have used binary instead 0=0, 1=1, there is no 2, so the next number is 10 = 2, 11=3 and FF = 11111111 :tongue:

A favorite computer geek joke is. "There are 10 kinds of people in the wold, those that understand binary and those that don't." :thumbsup: