My Opinions about Skyrim

CompanyOfGamers

I am a non-veteran Skyrim player and I do not know if I should playe Skyrim more. Because, Skyrim is so dark and gloomy game. Nobody is innocent even children (I mean Honorhall Orphanage Mission). The old woman are bad I know but, when I kill her, I have seen children are dancing, it is disgusting. Everybody looks like evil, no exception. What kinda world is it? Most of clans are bounded to a daedric prince. Werewolves and the Companions is bounded to Hircine, Volikhar Clan is bounded to Molag Bal, Thieves' Guild is bounded to Noctural, the Coven of Namira is bounded to Namira, there is a Daedric Statue in College of Winterhold's Garden. There is no clan which is bounded to an Aedra. There is no Aedric Artifacts or Aedric Clans which is joinable such as Viglant of Stendarr or Temple of Mara. There are "Pickpocketing" or "Lockpicking" perk trees but, there aren't "Being Hero", "Mining" or "Cooking" perk trees. There aren't any good transformation just "Vampire Lord" or "Werewolf". Why there isn't "Mermaid" or good human transformations? If I did like crime games, I would play "Grand Theft Auto". You can't delete daedric or clan quests from your quest line and I hate see unfinished quests in my quest line. In the game I can only work for two daedra who are Meridia and Azura. Because, they are not completely evil daedric princes. The Game forces you to do bad things. Maybe, I will try Oblivion, it looks like much better.

What do you think?

And if there are some novel about Elder Scrolls can you recommend me please? But, I want translated books not English ones. Because; English isn't my mother tongue, I cannot say you what my mother tongue is because, I hate give my real information in virtual world. Just tell me if there is a novel which have been converted other languages.

Thank you very much.

Edited by CompanyOfGamers

I understand what you are saying. Several quests gave me a hard time and some of them can't be played at all if you want to play some kind of noble knight.

I cannot say you what my mother tongue is because, I hate give my real information in virtual world.

Must be a very small country where you are from so you could easily be identified :laugh:

Edited by Novem99

There are only 2 TES novels. The Infernal City and Lord of Souls. I don't know if either have been translated into languages other than English. Both are good, but again they are kinda dark.

As for the darker tones... TES can be a rather dark world. If you want clear cut morality and a shining knight approach, Oblivion is really the only game in the franchise you can get that. Otherwise you will have to come to terms with some dirty decisions.

Edited by Lachdonin

@mlee3141

Yeah, you are right thanks for information. I have thought he is a deadra because, its statue is black like deadra's. If I continue to play Skyrim I can join The Blades, College of Winterhold and Dawnguard without hesitation. :smile:

@Lachdonin

Thanks for helping. I had better keep away from The Elder Scrolls Universe then. I know some universes like Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and I have thought that Game of Thrones has the hardest and darkest fantastic world I had ever met. The Elder Scrolls is in 1st Place now. In GoT, there are good factions and peoples, too not like TES. TES is thirty times darker and harder than GoT. But, if there were be more books, I would be able to read them because, I love fantastic books. If I find super graphic mods (because orcs, khajiits and argonians are weird in Oblivion) I will try it thanks for your offer. I'm wondering is Morrowind dark, too? Only Oblivion is exception?

@Novem99

Not small at all really, I don't wanna give any informations about my real identification in virtual world generally, it's my choice. Thanks for understanding.

There aren't any good transformation just "Vampire Lord" or "Werewolf". Why there isn't "Mermaid" or good human transformations?

Because being a mermaid or fairy directly contrasts the tone Bethesda was trying to set. Skyrim is a cold, harsh world ravaged by a civil war and the return of dragons. IMO, the game isn't even "dark" enough to reflect this.

As far as the daedra you're concerned about, they're simply part of the lore. Read up on the daedra, the creation of Mundus, and why daedra retained so much power. Lore states that they are able to greatly intervene in the life of mortals. If your player seeks the power the deadra supply, it's your decision to make the deal.

I think you need to recognize the opportunity for roleplaying in this game. If you want your character to reflect your disdain for the evil in the world, create a Paladin. Embrace the blessings of Azura and Meridia and rid the world of evil. Skip the Dark Brotherhood questline completely or destroy all of them. Download a mod that allows you to destroy the Thieves' Guild. Download a mod that allows you to remove daedric quests from your journal.

Edited by Breems

I think it's kind of ironic that you can insult every Daedric Prince in their quests, after carrying out their bidding. You can't insult them if you take the non-canon route (like killing Eola in the Hall of the Dead, or killing Logrulf the Willful in his cell). You just automatically fail the quest.

@Breems

Thanks for your answer, I will take care. I did just give a sample about new werebeasts, mermaids are fairy-things don't fit much maybe there is centaurs or minotaurs?

In fact, I don't know there is a named class-system in Skyrim. I generally improve my Archery, Pickpocketing, Lockpicking, Two-Handed(in some characters One-Handed), Restoration, Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy and Conjuration skills. Other skills improve by themselves such as Heavy Armor, Sneaking or Speeching. I can say that Pickpocketing and Werewolf Perk Trees are very simple to complete. I spends my ingreditends randomly to create new potions and improve my Alchemy abilities, I spends some weapons or armors which I don't use to improve my enchanting. I smith everything I take and sell(for goods taken from enemies) or re-sell them(for goods bought from merchants). To improve my Conjuration, Two-Handed and Archery, I raise my enemies bodies and re-kill them. But, I hate these ash piles so much.

... I wouldn't be so positive about the Blades, though ;-)

Seriously, just deal with the Dragon Issue, and maybe also Solstheim Mystery, and ponder on Civil War Question and quite possibly resolve the Vampire Menace - the rest is pretty much optional, as are flavours and spices in an oil salad dressing.

I know what you mean, but Mermaid are not nice. They lure men and eat them raw in lore.

You can be a hero if you wish, just kill dragons and help people. I would later start a role play later when I try to became thane of all holds after helping all people and playing as vampire hunter in the DLC dawnguard, but still live in a shack in the woods away from people. You can be a werewolf or vampire because they are curses that makes you suffer in exchange for power and have to serve a deadra as a bonus to that curse and suffering (in lore), you can destroy the dark brotherhood if you wish (just kill the woman.)

You can add items to beggars pockets. Assassin bad people with bows instead of head on, you can just ignore the deadra quest or role play your hero is forced, there is dialogue for that. You can be a Vigliant of Stendarr that was turned into a vampire and only kills vampires etc etc.

That old lady was really evil beating kids, not letting anyone adopting and making them starve. Imagine someone tells everyday that no one wants at all and you will never be able to defend yourself outside. It only normal one would love to see a tyrant fall and if you think children are pure things then you know nothing about them at all.