Skyrim Locking Up

SlytherCrimsonclaw

Skyrim has been nothing but a huge headache for me since I picked it up during one of the last sales it had.

My issue is that Skyrim is completely locking up my computer, forcing me to do a hard reset. The lock ups occur randomly, and the length of time I can play is also random. I've had close to a dozen lock ups now, most occuring after several hours but one did occur immediately after a load, and I've had a small handful occur in the 15-30 minute range. I usually play on Ultra settings, but had lowered it to medium once and still had a lock up.

I've also verified my files and Steam had replaced a single 752 byte file, but the lock ups didn't stop. I also completely re-installed the game, but it still locks up.

I've even had Skyrim lock up my computer while tabbed out on one occasion.

My computer specs:

2x Radeon HD 6870's in crossfire

Intel i7 2600k CPU (Stock settings)

8 GB RAM

GS800 PSU

MX100 SSD (Brand new)

The ssd is brand new, only had it a few weeks. Fresh OS install, drivers all up to date.

I use a small amount of mods as follows (With SKSE):

Unofficial patches (Skyrim, Hearthfire, Dawnguard, Dragonborn)
OneTweak
SkyUI
10x carryweight
Lockpick Pro
Glowing Books
Glowing ore

With plugin load order in Nexus set to:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Dawnguard patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Dragonborn Patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
10XCarryWeight.esp

The game is pretty robust, it should not lock, it will CTD a ton but not normally lock up.

Check Driver's for the GPU's , have you tried with only one card running. Check TEMP's while gaming...Stress testing the Gpu's will rule out if one is failing.

When it locks ..is the sound repeating and its a black screen? I was getting that a long time ago and it turned out to be the Power supply.

Newest Drivers are not always the best choice...try drivers that were released around time your cards came out....