Is it possible a Hollywood Movie for Skyrim?

CompanyOfGamers

46 members have voted

1. 1. There should be a movie for Dragonborn?

• Yes, there should be.
    • Yes, there should be, but not just for Dovahkiin, for whole Elder Scrolls Universe.
    • No, there shouldn't be.
  2. 2. If there was a Dragonborn movie, what would its name be for your opinion?

• Dovahkiin: The Dragonborn
    • Dovahkiin: The Last Dragonborn
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Skyrim
    • None of them. (Please tell your suggestion about movie title.)
  3. 3. Will you send e-mails to Bethesda and a Film Producer to the Film be made?

• Yes, I will.
    • Will I? I am not sure about this.
    • I want the movie but; I don't think so.
    • I don't want the movie; so my answer is negative naturally.

@notmyhome

Have you ever seen a Harry Potter movie? According to my opinion, It wouldn't be so hard I think. If it would, some of film-fans would come TES-sites like us to earn more information and NexusMods we would earn more members and reputation.

Edited by CompanyOfGamers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note.

With 20 million copies of Skyrim sold there should be a solid enough fanbase to go see the movie. http://time.com/1875/at-20-million-copies-sold-skyrim-is-in-the-top-20-bestselling-games-of-all-time/

But if a movie ever gets made we have to hope that it at least be as good as AD&D Book of Vile Darkness. Now that is not a blockbuster movie, it's B, but you have to take it for what it is whitin a not very popular genre which simply does not attract a lot of investors.

That particular AD&D movie is good no matter what you think, they really put effort into it. Yes, it's not a multi billion dollar LOTR Holywood production, but storywise and execution wise it's pretty darn good imho for a movie in the fantasy genre and they done a hell of a job with the budget they had. That's how you need to look at a movie. Not what could have been, but simply what they did with the available budget. It's worth to watch if only for Eleanor Geck as hot evil witch.

A serie like Legend of the seeker would be good to, though a little less cheesy on the love part and more realistic fight scenes, charching into a sword fight with your leg stretched out in front of you like Bruce Lee is a guarentee for it to be cut off by the very first able footsoldier with a sword or Halberd hehe lol I was the Main character but then i took a Halberd to the knee whahah lol. For the rest it has everything we want from Skyrim, hot women in tight armor with cleavage, sword fights and a wizzard merilly throwing fireballs and regrowing limbs with magic LOL

Just as long as Uwe Boll stays away from the franchise we should be good to go.

@notmyhome

Have you ever seen a Harry Potter movie? According to my opinion, It wouldn't be so hard I think. If it would, some of film-fans would come TES-sites like us to earn more information and NexusMods we would earn more members and reputation.

The problem with comparing the Harry Potter movies to a possible Skyrim based move is quite simple.

Do you have any say in the events in the Harry Potter universe?

I am willing to bet that no 2 people who play Skyrim will play the game in the same order.

I am of the mind that, no, there should not be a Skyrim movie. This is because everyone has a different experience playing, and can make different choices.

There are, however, events in TES that are much better. Remain Cyrodiil or Tiber Septum, for instance

Don't mean to start a politcial debate here, but, there are more "do as I say, not as I do ...it's ok for me , but not for you" hypocrites per square inch in Hollywormvile than any other place on this Planet.

Need a "grass roots" type of group to make this movie. No sublte (or otherwise) political inuendo, just Skyrim. :)

I don't think a grass roots, crowd share or otherwise community fil could do the Elder Scrolls well. At least not unless it maintained a very small scale, like Nuka Break.

Any attempt to put to film events like the Alessian Revolt, Reman Cyrodiil's defeat of the Akaaviri, or Hjalti/Tiber Septims conquests would require serious financial backing. They also deal with some heavy stuff (Remans orgies, Septim and his possible pedophilia) that indi films tend to shy away from.

Still, I that n it is wrong. to turn any of the games, save maybe Redguard, into a movie.

Edited by Lachdonin

Septim and his possible pedophilia

What the hell? Is that because of his affair with Barenziah, who must've been quite young for a Dunmer back then?

Yeah, she was 17 at the time, he was at least in his 50's. Its kinda relative... Illegal by modern standard, acceptable by period standards... maybe... Elves aren't fertile until their 20ish.