Is it possible a Hollywood Movie for Skyrim?

CompanyOfGamers

46 members have voted

1. 1. There should be a movie for Dragonborn?

• Yes, there should be.
    • Yes, there should be, but not just for Dovahkiin, for whole Elder Scrolls Universe.
    • No, there shouldn't be.
  2. 2. If there was a Dragonborn movie, what would its name be for your opinion?

• Dovahkiin: The Dragonborn
    • Dovahkiin: The Last Dragonborn
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Skyrim
    • None of them. (Please tell your suggestion about movie title.)
  3. 3. Will you send e-mails to Bethesda and a Film Producer to the Film be made?

• Yes, I will.
    • Will I? I am not sure about this.
    • I want the movie but; I don't think so.
    • I don't want the movie; so my answer is negative naturally.

Septim and his possible pedophilia

What the hell? Is that because of his affair with Barenziah, who must've been quite young for a Dunmer back then?

Yeah, she was 17 at the time, he was at least in his 50's. Its kinda relative... Illegal by modern standard, acceptable by period standards... maybe... Elves aren't fertile until their 20ish.

How long were they together? I think I somewhere heard she got pregnant from him and he forced her to have an abortion...

The more we talk about this the more it sounds like something that could actually be made into a worthy competitor to the Game of Thrones series... :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Septim did indeed get her pregnant and then had it aborted magically. As an apology to her, he gave her s fortune in gold, and made her when of Morrowind...

Also, after doing some digging... Tiber Septum / Hjalti was a dock.. rape, kidnapping, assassination, murder...

@chevyowner

I am sorry, may you be more spesific about "the events" please?

I couldn't translate you second sentence, would you try to tell this in another way, please?

Any of them..

In Skyrim as you play you chose the order and what the main character does.

All you can do in Harry Potter is following a long.

EDIT

Basicly for a movie to work you would need a different movie for every possible way to play the vanilla game.

Edited by Guest

Oh, Septim did indeed get her pregnant and then had it aborted magically. As an apology to her, he gave her s fortune in gold, and made her when of Morrowind...

Also, after doing some digging... Tiber Septum / Hjalti was a dock.. rape, kidnapping, assassination, murder...

Huh looks like there's a lot of stuff that nor the Stormcloaks neither the Empire likes to remember about the dude...

I read the full Real Barenziah yesterday night. To me it doesn't sound like what would have been called pedophilia back in those days. She's had her share of lovers before him, also killed people on her own. Back in those times that would have qualified as "grown-up" for sure. In real world Middle Age, plenty of girls were married off at an even younger age. And for the issue of her not being fertile yet, Kathisa's dialogue seems to imply that it's not uncommon for Dark Elven girls to go wild before being able to get pregnant. Not sure if that can be considered canon, or if that's simply something the author made up.

Edit: All of that doesn't make Tiber less of a d***head, though. How that guy found enough Love in himself to CHIM is beyond me >:(

His life would indeed make for a blockbuster. Sean Bean did well enough as Ned Stark, don't you think? The more metaphysical stuff could be handled like they did in Troy.

Edited by notmyhome

There's way too much content and different storylines in Skyrim to capture in a movie. Defeating Alduin might make for a good plot, but its only one aspect of the story. Who wants, or has enough time, to watch the Dragonborn go dungeon delving in Ragnavald, and get overburdened with Nordic weapons. Not to mention becoming the leader of all major factions in Skyrim. At this point, it would be stale.

It is surprising for me there are much people who don't want to movie for Skyrim or TES. Eventhough there are 283 views, there are just 12 votes. So, I cannot tell exactly what fans want.

The biggest issue with a TES movie is picking a story. If you take any of the games, you canonize a particular character. Suddenly, Tue Hero of Kavatch has to be a Breton male. Or he Dovahkiin has to be a Bosmer woman. This invalidates people's choices in game, because it picks a side. It's like Mass Effect, where the Canon Cdr. Shepard is a jackass who hates aliens.

His life would indeed make for a blockbuster. Sean Bean did well enough as Ned Stark, don't you think? The more metaphysical stuff could be handled like they did in Troy.

I think the biggest problem with doing a movie about Septim would be pissing off all the Stormcloak fanboys when they find out he wasn't a Nord (in fact, he was part Elf, and even the Oversoul Talos is only 1/3rd Nord...) And he was very anti-freedom. Tiber Septim would be the first to crush Ulfric's little rebellion... And Wulfhearth would condemn them for worshiping heathen gods... And Zurin would just ignore them as idiot religious peasants...

I know the biggest issue is picking a story but, they should in a short time. There would be even a poll for this. But, any stories which they did choose would be good I think. But, dovahkiin shouldn't be an Elf, an Orsimer, a Khajiit or an Argonian in my opinion. Human races fit much well in my opinion. Especially Imperial or Breton cuz; Dovahkiin didn't know what a Dragonborn is until meet the Nord, so being his race is Nord is much harder than other Human races. What do you think about this? And for gender equality, maybe there would be two Dovhakiins who are twins but, one of them would be male, another one would be female. In other words "Dovahkiin Twins". If Dovahkiin fighted in civil war, the Stormcloak would be better choice than the Imperial Legion, I think. And, Dovahkiin can't be a vampire or werewolf so, he can join Dawnguard. These are my opinions but, they fit so well I think. It can be trilogy. In my opinion, starting with Dovhakiin is good for TES series. Think about that, if the Lord of the Rings was produced after the Hobbit trilogy, would it be so popular like this? Ofcourse, not. Producing the Lord of the Rings is the best choice to start J.R.R. Tolkien's film series cuz, it has much good things you are looking for. Epic wars, magics, dances, romance etc. The Hobbit is much more supreficial than LOTR. People watch the Hobbit because of their love about LOTR. For some series, you shouldn't start with their first episodes.

Edited by CompanyOfGamers

Eh, I don't think it's likely that there will ever be a Canon Dovahkiin. That's not how TES works. The next gale won't have the Dragonborn, and if mentioned at all of will be vague. Like "I hear someone called the Dragonborn defeated Alduin the World Eater, then disappeared".

Because of the lack of Canon identity to most TES characters, they would not translate well to any film.

There as also problems with the world. Take Skyrim for instance. We get a taste, but only that. There are hints of the Giants and their culture. There's the Whale bone Bridge, a reference to the Sky Whales. We also have the Volkhair vampires (though not their characteristic ability to pass through ice.). But all of these thongs are toned down to fit into the game.

We don't have the tribes of half-naked Nords living out on the glacier, immune to the cold. We don't have pods of Sky Whales dropping 'joy snow' over the tundra. We don't have tribes of giants living alongside their smaller cousins (I found it weird that the Stormcloaks seem so anti-giant, when Nords claim to be descended from Giants...).

A more reasonable setting would make a better movie. Like Highrock or Hammerfell. In fact, they could just make Redguard into a movie... Or even a mini series. I'd watch Cyrus hoonding-ing all over Stros M'kai.

Most of you are probably familiar with this, but just in case:

The Trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwmzu7Z5578&list=UUT6iAerLNE-0J1S_E97UAuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KWO-udukZ0&list=UUT6iAerLNE-0J1S_E97UAuQ

Act I (of three):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyHZn_nC3kc&list=UUT6iAerLNE-0J1S_E97UAuQ&noredirect=1

Now I realize this isn't Hollywood, but Machinima. Rather well-done in my opinion.