Mod syncing

Jebiah

Hi Guys,

I always played Skyrim on my PC with loads of texture mods etc. I have a new job where I travel a lot and I play skyrim on my laptop (I5, 4gb ram, HD 4000 graphics - boo)

My question is obviously I can't load up my old saves on my laptop as the texture mods just wont run so I started a new game on low res with some gameplay mods but I want to be able to play the same save on both PC's.

Do I have to have the same mods installed in the same order or is there an easier way to do this? can I just copy the data folder?

Thanks.

first off: your character usually doesn't care about graphic mods. when loading the savegame your game will notify you that the save relies on content missing and blabla, but that's all.

What does matter is everything else, every armor, every gameplay, every overhaul, every everything mod. If you want to use one save on two machines you have to make sure those are identical.

Just copying the data folder might work, but I wouldn't do it. Too risky and you may end up reinstalling everything from scatch.