I'm trying to NavMesh my dungeon and I'm having a lot of trouble with the stairs no matter WHAT I DO it wont path correctly (I know because I used the pathing tool to see if it was walkable and its not). I was wondering if Maybe I could send the esp file to someone and they could navmesh it for me and send it back or just tell me what to do ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED! Thanks for reading.

Stairs were a pain...been awhile..but...

Have a Nav mesh at the bottom of the stairs, have a separate nav mesh at the top of the stairs..

______ ______

|\ | __|

| \ | __|

| \ | __|

| \ | __|

|____\| ___|

Then connect the 2 separate nav meshes at the points, it does not have to follow the stairs, it can look like it is above the stairs , NPC's will follow the stairs non the less...

Hope this helps...been ages...lol I will look to see if i still have a PIC of one I did...

EDIT:..found one..Across the top is one edge, the same for the bottom..one edge, point on each end so 2 long triangles make up the rectangle that covers the stairs..

Oh...and Stairs are not the hard thing to Nav mesh.....<<<I spent a ton of time getting that path correct, it crossed 5 cells...where it ends was a cell that i had to completely redo...Good luck...this is reminding me winter is coming ....and i will have time to put back into the CK...hahah

Edited by camaro_69_327

Both Pics open at Photo bucket..i just opened them both again no problems..Virus?....Have never ever had a problem at Photobucket...you may want to report that to Photobucket, but again...i have opened both pics 4 times now....Nothing....Have removed them in case...

IF you want, upload the ESP i can have a look...

Have you got your yellow door marker sitting on the navmesh either side, if so finalizing the navmesh in both cells should add a green triangle below the door marker meaning followers can follow.