Anti Virus - Unnecessary and annoying as hell

marcoxD95

Sorry but the chance that somebody puts malicious software into the mods is very low.

But - someone actually did do it - and more than once.

And I bet everyone having an Anti Virus on the PC.

You would lose that bet - We see people saying they closed or removed their antivirus - or never had one all the time here.

For people like me its just annoying

Getting a virus is far far more annoying. :pinch:

And I doubt that this mod contains malicious software since I used it already in the past and a lot of people voting it good and comenting it. If it contains anything like that you would notice this very fast... I think its unnecessary but oh well.

Maybe just scanning those that are marked to contain malicous files or who are new... Not popular ones...

And those were exactly the ones that our latest attacker went for - older extremely popular mods that tens of thousands of people had already downloaded - he just called it an update to the popular mod. Yes, we did catch it very quickly - thanks to our ever vigilant members - but several people were infected already and that is just not acceptable. :no:

The VirusTotal scan is not intended to replace your own antivirus, but to supplement it - So keep that antivirus up to date.It is still new here and seems to have a few bugs :blush: - after the bugs are cleaned up, you probably won't even notice that it is there. :thumbsup:

I, for one, welcome this implementation by the Nexus. I had requested it quite a number of years ago after getting malware in a Russian mod uploaded to the Nexus. My own antivirus software scans my downloads for such threats, but I welcome the double coverage by the Nexus. Thank you, Dark0ne.

Rabbit