Eye Searing Ammount of Bloom and lighting coming from the sun during daytime.

Toaster621

I was fooling around with other ENBS, since I had been using "Grim and Somber ENB" for quite some time. (Link here incase that helps http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50501/?)

That was apparently a really bad move.

For reference, heres what my game looked like before I messed with the ENB. This is what Grim and Somber used to look like.

http://i59.tinypic.com/33bodpt.jpg

And here it is now, after I came crawling back.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ebg1sm.jpg

The bloom is physically painful, and there is a hideous yellow tint on everything only during the day hours ( I suspect one of the ENB files might have messed with the sun lighting, but I dont know how I can undo that)

I have tried to completely re-install via first removing the enb with this tool

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7804/? (ENB FXAA SweetFX Manager Remover)

and then reinstalling Grim and Somber, but the eye searing bloom and yellow tint persists. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here, or how to stop it?

My load order is managed via Mod Manager,

I've included only a partial load order here, as it would simply take too long to list every single mod I have. These are the mods that change the lighting, weather, or such.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ETaC - Resources.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Lanterns of Skyrim - all in one.esm

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

Supreme Storms- COT version.esp

WetandCold.esp

WetAndCold - Holidays.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

RealisticNights+ COT+ DB+DG.esp

RealisticNights COT brightness opt 4.esp

RealisticNights COT is Fix.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp

RealisticWaterTwo- Waves - Dawnguard.esp

RealisticWaterTwo- Waves.esp

I'm suspecting that the yellow and bloom are coming from the changes to the files that handle sunlight, since interiors and exteriors anytime the sun isn't out in full are perfectly fine. But I dont know how to restore sunlight to it's old values...

Also, when all ENBs are removed, the base game looks really washed out and too dim during the daytime. I'm not sure if thats just because I'm used to ENBs, or if this issue can be felt without ENBs.

Edited by Toaster621

To test if it is the ENB or possibly you gamma settings....Press [shift +F12] this will disable the ENB. IF the problem goes away , its the ENB, if the problem remains check your in game Gamma settings?...

if it IS the ENB....

TO make changes to the ENB...Press [shift + Enter] this opens the ENB menu . near the top of the second box down are global settings ..start turning things off one at a time to find what is causing it, edit that setting farther down in the Menu.

It only shows up with ENBs on, but it seems as if every single other ENB I try has this same issue, as if it's the sun itself causing the bloom overload.

One of the ENBs had me install realistic lighting, and when it's enabled the bloom goes away (though things are still far too yellow) so I'm guessing that Realistic Lighting Patcher changed something in the core game it shouldn't have.

I'm not sure how to undo realistic lighting patcher, does anyone know the process?

Edited by Toaster621

Realistic Lighting turns off bloom. What version are you using? I didn't think the patcher had been available except for very old versions. Have you used the Skyrim launcher since messing with everything? If not, do that. That seemed to fix a similar issue I had. I don't know why though.

I was having an issue with LOD as well, so I just decided to do a completely new install of Skyrim. It should fix both the LOD issue and the bloom overload, and I'll get back to you guys with the results.

And yes, I used the Skyrim launcher, but it would only work if I completely removed my ENB (it would crash otherwise) and the issue just came back when the ENB was re-installed.