changing npc hair - what went wrong?

Sephnroth

Well ive not been able to make it work yet :( i havnt tried spawning my own id yet though although i am cautious about that as in game my Lydia is meticulously setup and also married to me don't want to break it.

the most annoying thing is that if i remove my mod the face is still dark and doesn't revert to before trying this :(

Could you try putting all your follower mods and apachii skyhair with your own mod at the bottom of the loadorder for me? Also try exporting the face in CK AFTER you set up your load order then just load it with the SKSE launcher.

Edited by Valkasha

Try using Wrye Bash & add apachii as master to DavesLydia, then start a new game, or a save from before ever meeting Lydia.

If you just want your old Lydia back, remove your mod & the A2C8E.nif (from meshes) & A2C8E.dds & .tga from textures & load a save from before ever adding your mod.

Edited by olnorton

Olnorton, probably quite silly of me but ive been playing whilst figuring out a solution and really don't want to roll back to before mod xD restarting my game out of question, rather the grey face!

valkasha, sure I will try that! At work right now, will report back this evening :) and thanks for all the help youre giving!

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag187/johnandmonica/Skyrim/Lydia/greyface1_zps1b654210.jpg~original

OK I did a bit of testing & you might get your stock Lydia back even in your saved game, by simply removing the three files I mentioned above.

I created a Lydia.esp as you did (Ctrl & F4'd and everything) Started a new game & got a grey faced Lydia with F28 hair. (Pic 1)

I then used WryeSmash to make masters of the esps which contributed to the face (right click on MyLydia.esp & choose add master (Pic 2)

This fixed the Grey Face (Pic 3)

So with MyLydia.esp loaded, I loaded an old save with a previously stock Lydia & saved the game. (Pic 4)

Then I removed MyLydia.esp, reloaded the same save & got a half an half grey Lydia. (Pic 5)

I then removed the meshes & textures from the facegendata A2C8E nif, dds, & tga & got back the stock Lydia (Pic 6)

Pic 7 is my house mod (nothing to do with Lydia.

You won't be able to do as Valkasha suggested because you can't load esm's at the bottom of the order.

I had similar grey face problems with my Aela mod a while back & the only way I could get rid of it was to go back to a save before using the mod. But I was using it together with another Aela mod & that may have been the reason.

Edit: Photobucket has changed the order, but you get the idea.

Edited by olnorton

well nothing I do seems to change anything. I've constantly got the grey face and no hair that I choose in the CK ever makes an appearance in game - its always the same hairstyle.

my mod is loaded last and I got that wyrebash thing and added a bunch of things as master, anyhting I could see that might effect it (I found I had race+ installed as well as an eye mod that might of effected faces)

seeming a bit hopeless :( as a last ditched thing to offer you guys any insight that might help you help me, heres the information the console gives about lydia. I've noticed her ID is different to her base ID and as best as I can tell this is being caused by the breezehome mod but i've included that as a master in my mod and it made no difference? blahhhhhhhh. Just want a hair style change and to be blonde :( hair dresser for PC and NPC followers should of been in game from the start :(