Nickname change

lizardmanjoe

Wow, seven years later? Time flies indeed. Notice any changes around the old place? :laugh:

The name-change isn't quite as simple as you might think. Take a look at this: Name change It's from a year ago, but the information's still current; Thandal referred someone to it just the other day in this same forum. When you don't have a lot of stuff attached to your old account, Account Closure Requests is your best bet.

Unfortunately, as Bess noted we can't do "name changes". See the reply at the link provided to another of the the dozens (yes, dozens) of similar posts in this forum asking the same question.

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately, as Bess noted we can't do "name changes". See the reply at the link provided to another of the the dozens (yes, dozens) of similar posts in this forum asking the same question.

Why can't simply change name/nick ? I couldn't log in on nexus for 2 days, and last time I was...was back in 2012...I found out my registration mail @ my email...found out what was my nick, because none of what I wrote worked, and I used all nicks I still use and used since the beginning of my PC...yet none of them worked, and guess what I found out...back in 2012 when I registered here, I wrote my nick incorrectly...and this nick right here, is the wrong one, I wondered why I couldn't register.

Plus, because of this frustration I registered with a new acc, because I thought that I didn't used this e-mail, but I couldn't validate my account, because it sent to a faulty e-mail adress that somehow I wrote wrongly, and I wanted to change it to a correct one, but it said that it was already in use, and that's when I made sure that I still have registered here with my e-mail...so I tried so many times, used all my nicks, all passwords...heck, I reseted passwords quite few times, still couldn't log in because of the nick. I was so confused...because I could get password resets on my e-mail, but I couldn't log in whatsoever.

I thought I had "nikromants" as a nick, that's what I used back in that year...but what I found out later was that I wrote it incorectly when I registered...so I wrote the correct one all the time, but it was the faulty written nick that was the correct one...Glad I came up with the idea that I could find my registration on Nexus within my e-mail...glad that message wasn't deleted...

I seriously want to change nick...why the hell it's not possible ? :/ I know it's possible.

Did you even glance at the links provided and mentioned by Thandal? And at this point, with over 7 million members (last time I checked) any "common" names, nicks or just plan words will very likely already be taken. You, whose one and only post seems to be this one can probably go ahead and ask for your account to be closed so you can open a new one with the name of your choosing, provided that name's not already taken of course.

Edited by Oubliette

Unlike a simple free forum, on the Nexus there are a LOT of things tied to your user name. The name is what everything in your account works off of here. Just changing the name would not transfer anything. We allow you to request closing the old account, thus removing that name from being used, not just by you but by trolls trying to pretend to be you. Then that frees up your email to allow you to create a new clean account. That is the way things work here. Yes, it is different from simpler sites, but the Nexus is a very large complicated site with lots of things linked. Accounts will need to be closed by a staff member - again because of abuse by trolls who create an account, use it to attack someone, then close it and open a new one. Having multiple accounts is against the TOS. Because of the abuse of so many multiple account holders we just ban people that want to play those kind of games here.

As for why we don't close old accounts, we have a lot of members who are interested in just one series, such as the Fallout or Elder Scrolls series. They play and mod the game for a while, then move on until the next game in that series is released, then they come back and can pick up right where they left off a few years before.

BTW, we have over 9.3 Million members now. At the current rate of new sign ups, we should be close to 10 million by the time FO4 is released. :cool:

But didn't a few members change their names without having a clean account or do you guys transfer everything to the new name later on? I know of 3 people who changed their names and all links to the old name point to the new one which means the same account.

Unlike a simple free forum, on the Nexus there are a LOT of things tied to your user name. The name is what everything in your account works off of here. Just changing the name would not transfer anything. We allow you to request closing the old account, thus removing that name from being used, not just by you but by trolls trying to pretend to be you. Then that frees up your email to allow you to create a new clean account. That is the way things work here.

So what exactly is connected to my account ? I mean, I haven't created mods that have been posted here, so I haven't got any reputation whatsoever, nothing to lose. And I haven't paid/donated with real money or anything...yet.

So that sums it up and I can ask for account closing at this point, right ?

By simply downloading mods it doesn't affect my account, or does it ? If not, then I could ask for account closing so that I can create a new one...when I'm ready to...

Edited by nikroamnts