No mods work. Followed all instructions perfectly.

Hey guys.

So I'm running the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 2 from Steam and I've installed a bunch of mods (following all instructions).

I put everything into the CookedPC folder as I'm supposed to.

When I launch the game NONE of the mods work. Even with a new game.

Could the fact it's version 3.4 be a problem? If so, how could I get them all to work?

Thanks in advance,

Voyen

Update:

I installed the game from a disc (which I originally had - bought game on steam for achievements and such), patched it to the same version (3.4.4.1), copied over the CookedPC folder, and the mods all work fine on that version.

It's just the steam one that's not working.

Is there a way to fix that?

If multiple mods contain the same files you can't just simply copy them over, which mods did you try out? Latest Steam version has no trouble running mods over here, in fact both the GOG and Steam version are pretty much the same (except for the launcher and cloud saves), I don't think the retail version would be any different after patching.

Edited by QuietusPlus

• 2 years later...

I have downloaded the gog version of the game but I cannot find the 3.4 patch anywhere! Is there any link for me to download it and at last mod my game?

Thank you all in advance!

I have no idea why you posted in a 3-year old thread instead of creating a new one. But anyway... for mods to work on the Steam version of the game, when you launch the game, don't just click to launch the game from the game launcher. Click the MODS button, make sure the mods you want to use are checked, and then save your choices and run the game.