Joshua Graham Dialogue not triggering.

Nyarlathoep

So just after completing the Deliverer of Sorrows quest Joshua Graham, as we all know will approach you when you leave the Narrows. And talk you with a quote from the bible. However when he approached me this time the game bugs it leans in to talk to him then it pans back out and I can't go into third person until I talk to him but the dialogue doesn't trigger.

I have none of the mods that I've heard causes this problem. I've tried resetting his AI, and even the RDF command which is a last resort still it doesn't trigger. I've heard it can also be caused by having Waking Cloud as a companion. I have no save for that character that doesn't have her as a companion. I know I have the option of continuing until I hit a wall then Consol Commanding to advance the quest or just complete it and then leave Zion but I don't want to have to do that.

I've heard about something called a GECK or FNOV Edit both of which I don't know how to use and I don't like the idea of messing with the game's script if anyone can help please.

My Loadorder (and list of mods though I also have the Tin-pip boy skin but it's not on the list.)

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii614/Joshua_Royer/newVegasloadorder_zps193a3e0b.png

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I found this while googling for the same issue and want to state a fix for others, or OP if they're still around.

As you heard, this glitch is caused by having Walking Cloud as a companion. It causes Joshua's "NVDLC02JoshuaNarrowsForceGreetTrigger" script to glitch. I can confirm through my own testing it has nothing to do with mods or load orders, as I've had it occur on multiple playthroughs, and without any mods that make changes to the Honest Hearts esm. As far as I know the only way to fix it is to reload a save and reject Walking Cloud's offer, in which case the conversation will trigger as normal. Then you can go back and recruit Walking Cloud.

• 4 years later...

I was having this issue too. I reloaded a save before recruiting Waking Cloud and told her no. The issues till persisted. After much trial and error, I have discovered the mod "Humping the Mojave v003" causes this issue even when you don't recruit Waking Cloud. Disable that, don't recruit Waking Cloud, and then talk to Joshua, then re-enable it afterwards. Good luck!