Soul Trap Enchantment also applying absorb health

pHeeLux

So I want to enchant a weapon with Soul Trap. I am level 31 in Enchanting. I have already learned Soul Trap, but for some reason the version of Soul Trap that I learned is also applying 36pts Absorb Health to everything. I have 104 mods installed, and I have no idea which one could be causing this (assuming it is a mod-related problem, but it more than likely is). I want to fix this, as it is obviously fairly game breaking.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

I've also used the console command "playerenchantobject" to give myself an item enchanted with Absorb Health. When I tried to disenchant the item to learn Absorb Health, the game told me I already knew Absorb Health. As you can see in the screenshot above, Absorb Health is not listed as an available enchantment, so it appears the game has somehow combined both Soul Trap and Absorb Health into one enchantment, and made the Absorb Health enchantment way too powerful in the process. I also know that I didn't actually disenchant anything with Absorb Health before I tried to test this, but for some reason Skyrim is convinced I did.

I also tried the same console command on an item enchanted with just Soul Trap, and it told me I already knew the enchantment when I attempted to disenchant.

requires an ESS File Editor to modify the content of the save-file.

When in the ESS File Editor, find the entries in the Change forms list (between Global data table 2 and Global data table 3) designated by ENCH. These are your learned enchantments, though the nested information my not be all that useful. I'm not sure how to tell which enchantment is which, but I would assume they're either alphabetized or listed in order learned. To unlearn all enchantments, delete all ENCH items from the list and save. It is recommended to make a backup beforehand.

requires an ESS File Editor to modify the content of the save-file.

When in the ESS File Editor, find the entries in the Change forms list (between Global data table 2 and Global data table 3) designated by ENCH. These are your learned enchantments, though the nested information my not be all that useful. I'm not sure how to tell which enchantment is which, but I would assume they're either alphabetized or listed in order learned. To unlearn all enchantments, delete all ENCH items from the list and save. It is recommended to make a backup beforehand.

I did this and successfully deleted all enchantments. However, when I "re-learned" Soul Trap, it once again has the Absorb Health enchantment as well.

http://i62.tinypic.com/346q2d4.jpg

As you can clearly see, Soul Trap is now the only enchantment I know, but with Absorb Health enchantment still included as well. Is there somewhere I could reference for the proper form that the coding is supposed to have for the Soul Trap enchantment, and make the individual edits to the coding directly in ESS File Editor?

You could always add an item with the creation kit that has only the soul trap enchantment. Question: When you make a new save game and learn the soul trap enchantment does this problem persist? Because if it does then it's not a problem with your save game but with a mod you have installed.

You could always add an item with the creation kit that has only the soul trap enchantment. Question: When you make a new save game and learn the soul trap enchantment does this problem persist? Because if it does then it's not a problem with your save game but with a mod you have installed.

Yeah, I've made a new character and tested it on him as well, he had the same problem. I don't know which mod it could be. None of them directly affect enchanting. I have a few alchemy mods and two spell mods (Phenderix Magic Evolved and Apocalypse). I also have only the BYOG from ACE. I have over 100 mods installed though, and I'd rather not have to do a complete reinstall.

Select the ones you think might be the culprits and start eliminating them one by one, that's the only way I'm afraid. The bigger and popular the mod the more likely they aren't the cause since other people would've found the problem for sure.