The future technology

Thor.

The anger at the subject i can understand, it must be frustrating to know that the government might have technology 30 years ahead of us, yet insist on keeping it for themselves. That's where all that conspiracy theory s come in, ufo's and such, and time travel myths.

Edited by Thor.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is angry? I'm not angry! Why be angry?! There's likely a duplicate of ourself at the top of the heap who is in charge of that fancy stuff and as long as they have a number of duplicates in healthy condition we are going to live forever. :cool:

So what if I just don't know me at the top, YET! :mellow:

:laugh: They might need my brain?!

Darn! Oh, Well. I think I will remember that I wrote a purty darn clear synopsis of a bunch of movies in this Debate section on the subject of The Future Technology. I added some variety with science fiction and bits of wonder about facts. Ooo! Do the Chinese really have a 30,000 year old Library full of clay tablets in languages only their specially trained linguists understand? Do they continuously train new people in the language so they never lose that knowledge?

The problem with instantly adopting new technology is that it can cause rapid shifts in the workforce, create unanticipated demands, and cause economic instability. These sorts of things tend to be bad enough when they occur naturally, but having them occur every time some new breakthrough was made would quickly bring everything to ruin. Take for example the way that machines displaced human laborers, or how electronic computers replaced those people who had the job title of computer.

I concur Vagrant0. The problem really being that student's in colleges and Universities become aware that their fantastic designs for futuristic devices are being stuck in limbo. If the Engineers wanted to progress often they had to go outside campus and find backers if they wanted their projects to win attention. It's simple logic even the crowds understand. It's because the University leaders know better than to set up bandstands and boldly send Robby the Robot out to show off and detail a bunch of scientific jargon which no one outside the Universities minds would even begin to comprehend.

Hence a number of those disgruntled student's documented stuff shows up on the Internet looking for, you guessed it, Backers!

Technologies need to be dealt with in such a way as to assist people, not the other way around. The automation of factories leads to less employment but also to less people 'directly' reaping the economic rewards.

Technologies can not be allowed to become too dominant such as those of current internal combustion driven privately owned motor cars.

Technologies can not be allowed to be overly harmful to the environment be that of humanity (urban or rural) or that of nature. Its self defeating in the long run as humans can not eat money or sportscars to survive. Destroy the world environment, we destroy ourselves!

I concur Vagrant0. The problem really being that student's in colleges and Universities become aware that their fantastic designs for futuristic devices are being stuck in limbo. If the Engineers wanted to progress often they had to go outside campus and find backers if they wanted their projects to win attention. It's simple logic even the crowds understand. It's because the University leaders know better than to set up bandstands and boldly send Robby the Robot out to show off and detail a bunch of scientific jargon which no one outside the Universities minds would even begin to comprehend.

Hence a number of those disgruntled student's documented stuff shows up on the Internet looking for, you guessed it, Backers!

No, was talking more along the lines of this:

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/humans-need-not-apply

There is already short term economic incentive to turn to technology instead of human labor, The problem is that long term economy (the stuff that actually drives business by means of people earning money and spending it on things) would essentially collapse faster than a sandcastle at high tide. We may have the technical and mechanical means to do a great many things with technology, but what we lack are the defined roles which people could fill while working alongside that technology. Without defined roles, we cannot train people, anticipate their needs, and try to move younger persons entering the job force to consider these roles instead of more traditional ones. Working with future technology may sound like a great idea, but the vast majority of people out in the world are not ready for the reality of it. Take for example that mockery of an effort to get people for a Mars mission... Instead of having a group of people who understood the implications of being on a one-way trip to Mars, where they would be responsible for setting up the majority of the infrastructure needed to establish a colony on another planet, where they would probably die; instead it became a rush for personal internet fame, a popularity contest, and a promotional stunt.

Depends on the application.

Power plants

transportation, greater speeds to get to point a and b.

space travel

Ease of access to resources for better effeciancy

Food famine previntion

Harmful deseases cures

Easier simplier lives, but keep the work force.

Many of these applications can effect the econamy in a good way, its how they impliment it is the question, like clean energy.

Edited by Thor.

Wow! Isn't that a coincidence. Seems like someone else expressed the facts why my manual push lawn mower, manual hedge clippers, and manual hand grass clippers went the way of extinct animals as well as my expertise in the job.

I've only roared about not being able to find work because of the same information that link provides when people ask me why I don't get a real job. The facts I declared died on deaf ears of those whose minds are void of the wisdom that would have allowed them to understand. I wallowed in my tears until I could cry no more.

I cried tears of woe to so many people. The link proves my act of crying out earnestly for honest work lead to begging and was a waste of my youth.

A$$holes would say to me, "You can come over to my place when we're preparing the garden and help me shovel bullshyte."

Everyone got so comfortable and smug. Now they're fighting for existence starting back yard gardens. But it is plain they will probably just get enough knowledge about gardening to survive the many factories shut down.

Like the people of Detroit, Michigan. The city that went bankrupt. All those factories shut down.

Because the factories are offline the sky air and the soil cooled.

They're smart people living in Detroit still, and they've started gardening instead of just leaving for the land of plenty.

And so, Nature is returning to Detroit, MI with a vengeance over the cooler space the factories no longer heat up. Rainfall was so great since the factories and traffic to and from work stopped there, there were roads blocked by flooding where it used to be dry as a desert.

Can I go to sleep now and dream about the life I lived with meals so tasty and good, do you know what I mean?

Before the garden grown by my Mom went away. The garden she had me till the soil with a shovel and by hand clean the soil of ill will so her garden grew with a temper of joy and peace for nearly a month before weeds, unwanted lawn grass, and hoards of insects arrived to try to party her garden to death.

Oh! I remember those meals she cooked, I remember those glass jars she canned food in for the Autumn and Winter. Can I go back to sleep now and dream of those wonderful sweet desert's she made?

May I go back to sleep now and slumber dreaming of working hard and eating well, in the healthy, tasty, and with wonderfully cooked meals of the past when I lived?

There is already short term economic incentive to turn to technology instead of human labor, The problem is that long term economy (the stuff that actually drives business by means of people earning money and spending it on things) would essentially collapse faster than a sandcastle at high tide. We may have the technical and mechanical means to do a great many things with technology, but what we lack are the defined roles which people could fill while working alongside that technology. Without defined roles, we cannot train people, anticipate their needs, and try to move younger persons entering the job force to consider these roles instead of more traditional ones. Working with future technology may sound like a great idea, but the vast majority of people out in the world are not ready for the reality of it. Take for example that mockery of an effort to get people for a Mars mission... Instead of having a group of people who understood the implications of being on a one-way trip to Mars, where they would be responsible for setting up the majority of the infrastructure needed to establish a colony on another planet, where they would probably die; instead it became a rush for personal internet fame, a popularity contest, and a promotional stunt.

I agree with what you say.

Indonesia once banned the use of cigarette vending machines to keep people employed to sell them; I do not know if that nation still does.

As for going to Mars, let alone colonizing it, the only real way would be to do it in careful stages:

[1] Colonize the Moon and there create the means to build a large vessel to travel to Mars. Make the Moon Colony as self supporting and economically viable as possible.

[2] Colonize one, or both, of the Martian Moons that could be very good for building outpost bases on-in. Make the Martian Moon Colony, or Colonies, as self supporting and economically viable as possible. Working with Phobos and Deimos first is far smarter than trying to work directly with Mars.

[3] From there plan the next steps in the safe colonization of Mars.

It could easily take over a century, of hard work, to achieve a fully functional Martian Colony that is as self supporting and economically viable as possible.