The future technology

Thor.

I concur Vagrant0. The problem really being that student's in colleges and Universities become aware that their fantastic designs for futuristic devices are being stuck in limbo. If the Engineers wanted to progress often they had to go outside campus and find backers if they wanted their projects to win attention. It's simple logic even the crowds understand. It's because the University leaders know better than to set up bandstands and boldly send Robby the Robot out to show off and detail a bunch of scientific jargon which no one outside the Universities minds would even begin to comprehend.

Hence a number of those disgruntled student's documented stuff shows up on the Internet looking for, you guessed it, Backers!

No, was talking more along the lines of this:

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/humans-need-not-apply

There is already short term economic incentive to turn to technology instead of human labor, The problem is that long term economy (the stuff that actually drives business by means of people earning money and spending it on things) would essentially collapse faster than a sandcastle at high tide. We may have the technical and mechanical means to do a great many things with technology, but what we lack are the defined roles which people could fill while working alongside that technology. Without defined roles, we cannot train people, anticipate their needs, and try to move younger persons entering the job force to consider these roles instead of more traditional ones. Working with future technology may sound like a great idea, but the vast majority of people out in the world are not ready for the reality of it. Take for example that mockery of an effort to get people for a Mars mission... Instead of having a group of people who understood the implications of being on a one-way trip to Mars, where they would be responsible for setting up the majority of the infrastructure needed to establish a colony on another planet, where they would probably die; instead it became a rush for personal internet fame, a popularity contest, and a promotional stunt.

I agree with what you say.

Indonesia once banned the use of cigarette vending machines to keep people employed to sell them; I do not know if that nation still does.

As for going to Mars, let alone colonizing it, the only real way would be to do it in careful stages:

[1] Colonize the Moon and there create the means to build a large vessel to travel to Mars. Make the Moon Colony as self supporting and economically viable as possible.

[2] Colonize one, or both, of the Martian Moons that could be very good for building outpost bases on-in. Make the Martian Moon Colony, or Colonies, as self supporting and economically viable as possible. Working with Phobos and Deimos first is far smarter than trying to work directly with Mars.

[3] From there plan the next steps in the safe colonization of Mars.

It could easily take over a century, of hard work, to achieve a fully functional Martian Colony that is as self supporting and economically viable as possible.

Yeah, but, with "I want it now." and Instant gratification being the rule of the day, folks will rush into it, so they can be "first", and many will die instead. We, as a people, have no long term vision.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur Vagrant0. The problem really being that student's in colleges and Universities become aware that their fantastic designs for futuristic devices are being stuck in limbo. If the Engineers wanted to progress often they had to go outside campus and find backers if they wanted their projects to win attention. It's simple logic even the crowds understand. It's because the University leaders know better than to set up bandstands and boldly send Robby the Robot out to show off and detail a bunch of scientific jargon which no one outside the Universities minds would even begin to comprehend.

Hence a number of those disgruntled student's documented stuff shows up on the Internet looking for, you guessed it, Backers!

No, was talking more along the lines of this:

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/humans-need-not-apply

There is already short term economic incentive to turn to technology instead of human labor, The problem is that long term economy (the stuff that actually drives business by means of people earning money and spending it on things) would essentially collapse faster than a sandcastle at high tide. We may have the technical and mechanical means to do a great many things with technology, but what we lack are the defined roles which people could fill while working alongside that technology. Without defined roles, we cannot train people, anticipate their needs, and try to move younger persons entering the job force to consider these roles instead of more traditional ones. Working with future technology may sound like a great idea, but the vast majority of people out in the world are not ready for the reality of it. Take for example that mockery of an effort to get people for a Mars mission... Instead of having a group of people who understood the implications of being on a one-way trip to Mars, where they would be responsible for setting up the majority of the infrastructure needed to establish a colony on another planet, where they would probably die; instead it became a rush for personal internet fame, a popularity contest, and a promotional stunt.

Indonesia once banned the use of cigarette vending machines to keep people employed to sell them; I do not know if that nation still does.

As for going to Mars, let alone colonizing it, the only real way would be to do it in careful stages:

[1] Colonize the Moon and there create the means to build a large vessel to travel to Mars. Make the Moon Colony as self supporting and economically viable as possible.

[2] Colonize one, or both, of the Martian Moons that could be very good for building outpost bases on-in. Make the Martian Moon Colony, or Colonies, as self supporting and economically viable as possible. Working with Phobos and Deimos first is far smarter than trying to work directly with Mars.

It could easily take over a century, of hard work, to achieve a fully functional Martian Colony that is as self supporting and economically viable as possible.

Yeah, but, with "I want it now." and Instant gratification being the rule of the day, folks will rush into it, so they can be "first", and many will die instead. We, as a people, have no long term vision.

Long term vision is expensive. Lewis and Clark were able to explore the northern U. S., and yet, all the way along their path were people moving up river two steps behind them taking land up and calling it their own.

Many did die from mosquito infestations upon the ponds nearby, many who arrive near Autumns time starved before they could get a garden started, and many perished trying to take up space where the local tribes already had a temporary KOA Campground each season.

Educated people take careful steps with an abundance of knowledge. Knowledge about how to survive.

A lunar colony may seem like a step in the right direction, but with it runs into numerous logistical issues, particularly with water, building materials, and trying to keep people going in a low gravity environment. Mars, although more distant, is more Earthlike, so would be easier to work with. The moons of Mars would probably be completely out of question since they are not very dense.

Long term vision is expensive. Lewis and Clark were able to explore the northern U. S., and yet, all the way along their path were people moving up river two steps behind them taking land up and calling it their own.

Many did die from mosquito infestations upon the ponds nearby, many who arrive near Autumns time starved before they could get a garden started, and many perished trying to take up space where the local tribes already had a temporary KOA Campground each season.

Educated people take careful steps with an abundance of knowledge. Knowledge about how to survive.

I would point out that Lewis and Clark only managed to get as far as they did because they had help from Native Americans to teach them how to survive as they moved west. Unfortunately we do not have any such useful Martians around to do the same.

A lunar colony may seem like a step in the right direction, but with it runs into numerous logistical issues, particularly with water, building materials, and trying to keep people going in a low gravity environment. Mars, although more distant, is more Earthlike, so would be easier to work with. The moons of Mars would probably be completely out of question since they are not very dense.

I would point out that Lewis and Clark only managed to get as far as they did because they had help from Native Americans to teach them how to survive as they moved west. Unfortunately we do not have any such useful Martians around to do the same.

Until Lewis and Clark gained the help of a translator, along the way, they weren't getting a lot of help from the natives.

It is more fun to watch the skies day and night, to be able to daydream then it is to watch a bunch of looneytunes making fun of the, "Alien Watch" crowd.

My Favorite Martian, the TV series had us thinking differently about whether, or not, we have any Martians around. TV script writers would follow any conspiracy theory that had a gossip channel over the old telephone Party lines. For those that no nothing about party phone lines, "Party lines were open phone lines which an operator had to convey a jack to a slot to alert one or another house they had a call. But women at home could sit there with an ear on the phone listening to any conversation because we were all connected on a party line." The women used it to communicate while raising their children with one hand and holding the black phone piece to their ear with the other.

Once, even I, got to sit and listen to others talking because the phone company had connected my phones wires at the junction box to the lines in link and it was a kind of surprising experience because people were sharing their daily life and who or what they saw. What they saw! Get it?

We don't know if we have Martians on Earth anymore than Columbus knew if he had reached India. Hence the name "Indian's" for the America's 1st People whose translation of their own kind was, "People." And yet, he never got any further than Cuba, and to parts of Florida maybe!

What the TV script writers may have done is heard the chatter on their phone lines and picked up enough of the old UFOlogy to make something to get peoples minds off watching the sky so intently. It was not uncommon to cause people to lose their status in a community by redirecting peoples attention to a TV show which was becoming popular. Blue Book! Miss, don't watch the skies at night, turn on your TV in the kitchen, Den, Library, and baby room and watch real case studies where we attempt to prove you're all a bunch of looneytunes.

Star Gate dramatically reduced the number of peoples interest in Egyptian Pyramids, Star Trek dramatically reduced the number of people dreaming about going out into the universe exploring. Running away from home began to fade when television became a source of fun with Mr. Wizard's World whose main job was providing the boring facts about science as he rudely made fools of children driving teens to start dating; instead of watching his show so they could become real scientist's.

No more Alien visitors for me, and, I might add, someone decided to test the waters' again with a remake of, "My Favorite Martian" to find out how many people were going to be switched back on to the HypnoTV Show. That remake fizzled out after only a few episodes where the majority of the, "Alien Watch" lives.

I believed it was more fun to watch the skies day and night too, to dream, then it is to watch a bunch of looneytunes making fun of the, "Alien Watch" crowd.

Eh? What's Up Doc?!

ET you look at the videos on youtube, and the things that appear in front of you, Like that Bosnian Pyramid as they claim is real, Who knows what might happen in the future times, closer to now then never. What they claim it to have inside that working pyramid, will boggle the mind. :huh: rewrite History??

In a sense don't get me started with the unknown, i have allot of reference material. :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

Get started Thor! Do it! And link it all in a neat package that will make a Supreme University Professor swoon. Neat packages with good streaming information that confirms and substantiates your last package.

Do it Thor! Come on?! Show us your stuff! BRAVE the way of your thinking and let us decide and seek from your links and facts. K?!

It's a NEW WORLD, Thor! This is your chance to put a mark on the history and facts of life for all humanity, who wallows in it like us, to see.

Okay there is allot of interviews and stuff, though some of it just swings by me as ya right, but whatever that pyramid may have inside, still will rewrite history if the mainstream caves in, because its smack dab in a middle of a bustling city, for the archeology digs they are using volunteers, and the inside of the caverns is purified oxygen and water. Not to mention the Bosnian government declared it a sacred site, i still have to back that up though... Almost reminds me of that movie Aliens Prometheus :huh:

Not to mention that creepy Ultra sound signal, how can they disprove that is beyond me???

There is 4 of them, grander then the Egyptian pyramids, dwarfs them in size.

Edited by Thor.

The problem is the quantity of those materials needed. On Mars, you have both water and oxygen in reasonable supply. On the moon, despite it being composed primarily of the same material as Earth, lacks both since you don't have enough gravity to maintain a gaseous atmosphere to keep those materials at hand. What water you do have on the moon would be crystalline and in places which are much harder to get to.

Back on topic,

While I would agree, there are several viable options for new, better sources of power, the majority of these are not proven, and would probably take another decade or two for the EPA to agree to any new plants being built in the U.S. Other countries also probably have the same sort of red tape. Meanwhile the economic situation of the world has not been favorable for taking any sort of risk.

But alas China is a Country to look out for, Thorium reactors, and cold fusion are taking the mainstream by storm. just not in the Western side do to Oil dominance.

http://freeenergytruth.com/1mw-ecat-for-sale-yours-for-only-1-5m/

the Ecat has been proven to be legit and has been selling sense 2012, not a new tech by any means. 2 years for that to age is along time to get the kinks out. Especially when you are making that kind of money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power

Now back to the possible discovery of the century. :teehee:

Edited by Thor.