Xcom Enemy Within Long War suggestion

xeyadx

ok here it is i knew that you guys won't ease the game and long war mod isn't for everyone (due to its difficulty)

i'am fine with that...but what about not making the players play the game twice and re-learn it?

i mean no one can play long war before finishing or at least get half the way through normal xcom enemy within

but u can make introductory difficulty for new players to start playing the game from long war without needing to play EW first as there is major difference between the mod and the original game

i finished xcom EW twice on different difficulties but when i started long war i didn't know anything and what to do and i was really really surprised that a country has withdrawn and there was no reason for that until i made some research about it and knew why they did that and about aliens taking bases and so on .....

so my suggestion is to make easier difficulty to let the new players start the game from long war mod right ahead instead of the original game.......

and i hope that soon you make the priorities in game as for example the research for xenobiology then capturing alien and so on...

and about classes.....i miss the days where the assault can lightning reflex seriously..... why should i move the scout first then move the assault.... knowing that the scout is weeaker than assault and i may end making it hunker down or run again (dash) to the initial place...

please reconsider the classes and there abilities

Edited by xeyadx

• 3 weeks later...

first of all this is the wrong place for this thread. if you read the FAQ a lot of your questions would have been answered. you can make the game easier with a little bit of modifying the defaultgamecore.ini file.

you don't have to play the mod twice to relearn it... it's the same game. it's just harder. there's no fundamental difference between long war and EW, except that you need more soldiers because of fatigue. that's about it.

Not sure what your point is about capturing an alien.. you get xenobiology and can build alien containment, then you get neurology or something for the arc thrower. just takes slightly longer than previously.

Lightning reflexes is a lot stronger now. you have a 90% chance to dodge the first shot, and 70% chance for ALL other shots. so one scout can remove 5 overwatched targets with very little risk of being hit. If that ability was on assaults it would be insanely broken considering all of the other things assaults get. Also you can try using the randomized level up perk option, so you can end up with interesting combinations that might end up being overpowered.

every change in this mod has been carefully balanced. the assault is plenty strong as is, and the scout has a completely different purpose.