Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed MO along with all the utilities in the main skyrim folder as instructed in all of the installation manuals. However whenever I select a mod in the left pane, it doesn't show up at all in the right pane. When I run Loot and Wrye Bash via MO, both don't see any mods either. I've yet to go through an entire reinstall so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried troubleshooting myself but it could very well be a simple dumb oversight on my part. Any help would be appreciated.

What am I missing?

Edited by FairyGodmother

How do I print the contents of a string array using debug.trace ?

It wont print anything, even though I know the array is filled by looking at my array info in the console.

Nevemind, I got it.

I know how I'd attempt to do it but figure you would have tried the same thing I did initially.

What did you end up doing?

I've installed MO along with all the utilities in the main skyrim folder as instructed in all of the installation manuals. However whenever I select a mod in the left pane, it doesn't show up at all in the right pane. When I run Loot and Wrye Bash via MO, both don't see any mods either. I've yet to go through an entire reinstall so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried troubleshooting myself but it could very well be a simple dumb oversight on my part. Any help would be appreciated.

What am I missing?

I recommend placing this in its own topic as it doesn't belong in one geared mostly towards mod authors.

I've got no idea, though. More people who do, however, would likely not be looking in this thread that much. ;)

It wont print anything, even though I know the array is filled by looking at my array info in the console.

Nevemind, I got it.

I know how I'd attempt to do it but figure you would have tried the same thing I did initially.

To print out a string array just

debug.trace(myArray)

Same for bools. Other types like reference aliases arrays you gotta call get reference on it.

Not at my pc . will post more detail later.

Edited by Terra Nova

Nevemind, I got it.

debug.trace(myArray)

Same for bools. Other types like reference aliases arrays you gotta call get reference on it.

Right, that's what I would have assumed.

Nevemind, I got it.

debug.trace(myArray)

Right, that's what I would have assumed.

Also you still have to iterate so the trace prints out the entire array.

I find it is better to place trace for arrays in a separate while loop and not include it in the loop running the code you're checking.

Something like..

Bool bWaitForLoop = true

Function myFunction()
         While (i < iIndex)
                  if  myArray[i] == none
                   ; do something
                   bWaitForLoop = false
                  else
                    i += 1
                  endif
         EndWhile

if bWaitForThisLoop == false
           While (iIndex) ; the length of the array
                     iIndex -= 1
                     debug.trace(myArray[i])
           EndWhile
       endif
       bWaitForLoop = true
EndFunction

I think trace "unlocks" a thread and running before the rest of the code, so it doesn't always report like it should in this case. So better to put a "hold" on it first. This is similar to what's called a "spin lock".

GetFormID(), GetReference(), GetName()(these are the common three I trace with, especially GetFormID()) can all be called in trace if the types of the array allow for it, and casting if needed. You know, the usual.

Edited by Terra Nova

Nifscope Question:

I am using UNFU (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21488/?) to open NPC faces in racemenu, modifying them, then exporting them. For some reason, about half of them so far are showing up without head skin textures: under the NITriShape for head, there is no BSLightingShaderProperty node. I figured out how to add that. But now I cannot seem to figure out how to add the BSShaderTextureSet to that node.

I have tried looking at tutorials, and while I would like to learn Nifscope more, I would rather wait until I am done with this project before I add learning a new program to my repertoire. plus lots of information overload, and it gets me very confused.

If somebody could just give me a quick idea of how to do that, or a link to a video, or something that might help, I would really appreciate it. This has really slowed down my work, not being able to fix that. I have about 30 heads, just sitting there, with no skin on them that I cannot use until I get it sorted out.

Thanks.

Edited by Galadreal

So it looks like EDWS is my only mod solution for Sunny-only weather that doesn't reset after Fast-Traveling.

However, as I mentioned, it changes a few Town names from English to German. I tried to ask on the mod page but the mod looks to be abandoned at this point.

Does anyone know what I would need to change in the Creation Kit to change the town names back to English?

I don't know where you got that. I have used that mod and it didn't change any city names oO.

Quick question:

Is it safe to rename scripts? Is there something to keep in mind? Would it break the previous install? e.g. I want to update a mod, but most scripts start with aa* and I realize now that that isn't the most helpful combination of letters.

It seemed safe with fragments (with the rename feature) but what about scripts attached to objects etc. ?