Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Ok noob question here, sorry if it's asked before but i couldn't find it. How can i make a static of a single arrow? Usually when i make a static i just copy the nif location and use that for the static, but when i do that for arrows, for instance Weapons\Iron\IronArrow.nif the static will always show up as a full quiver instead of 1 arrow. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

The IronArrow.nif is indeed the quiver. You need to place the Ammo version of it - which uses that same IronArrow.nif but has the projectile set as the projectile, which has the model IronArrowFlight.nif. IronArrowFlight has a trail of "flight" behind it, however.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a script to make an item enable itself after a quest is completed, but the script won't work.

event OnCellAttach()
If QuestID.IsCompleted()
Self.enable()
Endif
End event

Okay. Script is on item, item has properties for QuestID (Quest property) and it is filled?

Okay. Script is on item, item has properties for QuestID (Quest property) and it is filled?

Yes it filled.

This how it looks like filled:

event OnCellAttach()
If FreeformWhiterunQuest02.IsCompleted()
Self.enable()
Endif
End event

Yes it filled.

This how it looks like filled:

event OnCellAttach()
If FreeformWhiterunQuest02.IsCompleted()
Self.enable()
Endif
End event

Can I see the whole script, including scriptname and properties?

But I thought that by setting to to self I would not need a property? Seems I was wrong.

Script name is QuestitemTest.

You need a property for the quest, not for the object the script is on.

Make a Quest property for FreeformWhiterunQuest02.

See properties:

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/9341-student-thread-treeaza-matthiaswagg/?do=findComment&comment=259260

Due to some recent changes made to the Creation Kit, they packaged all source scripts into a RAR file. You have to extract them for the compiler via CK or via Sublime Text to recognize them.

And to associate, right click, select Open With, choose Sublime Text and make it default.

Thanks Ishara, I will try this. Are vanilla source scripts needed for it to compile in general? Because I was working with other mods' scripts.

Matthiassagg -- that's the thing, I don't have a right-click / open with option for .psc files. Normally for files that have issues with this you'd go into the Associate menu like I said, but even that doesn't work. There's probably some command I can run to get them to be recognized but not sure.

Yes, vanilla source scripts are required to compile. Why? Most commands that you use are housed on stock scripts i.e. Game, Actor, etc. If the compiler can't find the source scripts then it will throw an error and fail the compilation.

Ok noob question here, sorry if it's asked before but i couldn't find it. How can i make a static of a single arrow? Usually when i make a static i just copy the nif location and use that for the static, but when i do that for arrows, for instance Weapons\Iron\IronArrow.nif the static will always show up as a full quiver instead of 1 arrow. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

The IronArrow.nif is indeed the quiver. You need to place the Ammo version of it - which uses that same IronArrow.nif but has the projectile set as the projectile, which has the model IronArrowFlight.nif. IronArrowFlight has a trail of "flight" behind it, however.

Ok i see. I did that and it worked but that trail is a no-no. So there is no way to make just the arrow static? Seems weird to me because the mesh for it clearly exists. Ah well, too bad. Thanks for replying :)

Ok i see. I did that and it worked but that trail is a no-no. So there is no way to make just the arrow static? Seems weird to me because the mesh for it clearly exists. Ah well, too bad. Thanks for replying

You can settle it, but it better not if you going to add a ton of them because it will be load when entering cell.

Two separate questions:

Is it possible to directly alter how many Dragon Souls you absorb from a dragon in such a way so two different dragons can give you two different amounts of souls?

If so, how?

Is it possible to change the cost of unlocking Shouts?