Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help please im new to the modding scene and am tying some mods i found on the nexus. i loaded it in the nexus and i believe i put it in the right load order however after loading into a game, a screen appears: missing a dll?

I need help please im new to the modding scene and am tying some mods i found on the nexus. i loaded it in the nexus and i believe i put it in the right load order however after loading into a game, a screen appears: missing a dll?

Try verifying your game cache for Skyrim.

Do you have all the requirements for the mods you installed installed?

Another quick question. How can I attach a script to a door, so it would advance a quest stage when the Player activates it? I tried this, but it refused to compile. Thanks!

Event OnActivate (MiddenDoor akActionRef)
VoT01.SetStage (74)
EndEvent

Another quick question. How can I attach a script to a door, so it would advance a quest stage when the Player activates it? I tried this, but it refused to compile. Thanks!

Event OnActivate (MiddenDoor akActionRef)

VoT01.SetStage (74)

EndEvent

It should be a script attached to the door that looks like this:

Quest Property VoT01 Auto; be sure to fill this

Event onActivate(ObjectReference AkActionRef)

If AkActionRef == Game.GetPlayer()

VoT01.SetStage(74)

EndIf

EndEvent
The type of the parameter is already set, it must e an ObjectReference. OnActivate is called when the object the script is on is activated. You don't define what is being activated with an event like that.

Thanks! It worked flawlessly! I had resorted to attaching an object reference to the Seeking Knowledge quest script, because I didn't see the tab for "scripts" when I clicked on the door in the Midden. Guess all I needed to do was scroll right! On a related note, I set up a travel package that activates on Stage 74, which makes a Actor walk over in front of the Hall of Attainment. I noticed I needed to wait before she showed up, which is troublesome because her dialogue triggers the next phrase of the quest. Is there a way to move her over instantly? I don't want Players complaining about being locked inside the College.