Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Skip the OnClose event and just put your OnClose stuff into ConverterSkullScript after the activate function. Since you've got a utility.wait(1.0) call it will execute when you close the chest and return to the game.

I was kind of leaning towards changing it so that, instead of activating the chest when you activate/equip the skull, that it would teleport the player to the cell the chest is in so you can use the chest there (since I know that actually going to the cell and using the chest functions properly) and then reactivate the skull to get sent back to where you were before. I just have to figure out how to manage it...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip the OnClose event and just put your OnClose stuff into ConverterSkullScript after the activate function. Since you've got a utility.wait(1.0) call it will execute when you close the chest and return to the game.

I was kind of leaning towards changing it so that, instead of activating the chest when you activate/equip the skull, that it would teleport the player to the cell the chest is in so you can use the chest there (since I know that actually going to the cell and using the chest functions properly) and then reactivate the skull to get sent back to where you were before. I just have to figure out how to manage it...

Reason being that I already tried changing it as you mentioned, and tried changing it by making an OnActivate() event in the chest's script that would change the state to activate the other events in the script... but nothing seemed to be working properly so.

Okay... I created a script that, as far as I can tell, should work as an effective teleportation method. It worked to teleport me to the convLoc, but it won't send me back to pcStartLoc. The script is as follows:

ScriptName ConverterSkullScript extends ObjectReference  

ObjectReference Property pcStartLoc Auto
ObjectReference Property convLoc Auto
ObjectReference Property currLoc Auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	currLoc.MoveTo(Game.GetPlayer())
	If (currLoc != convLoc)
		pcStartLoc.MoveTo(Game.GetPlayer())
		Utility.Wait(0.5)
		Game.FadeOutGame(False, True, 2.0, 1.0)
		Game.GetPlayer().MoveTo(convLoc)
		Game.EnableFastTravel()
		Game.FastTravel(convLoc)
	EndIf
	If (currLoc == convLoc)
		Utility.Wait(0.5)
		Game.FadeOutGame(False, True, 2.0, 1.0)
		Game.GetPlayer().MoveTo(pcStartLoc)
		Game.EnableFastTravel()
		Game.FastTravel(pcStartLoc)
	EndIf
EndEvent

I've a quick question I couldn't find an answer to:

Where can I set a certain dialogue as shared and allow it to be used by other quests, or even the same quest but in different topics with different player lines.

Perhaps the Shared Info?

Though usually, when choosing a topic to link in another quest, you can just uncheck the box for this quest only as the topic filter (when adding a new topic to link to),

Any1 know any existing armor mods that would add fur/pelt armors for immersive coldweather survival ? especialy looking for mod that adds hooded fur armor/robes or something like that maybe fur armor retexturing mods that would change pathetic looking helmet

I what to change the name of a Doomstone on the map. Where do I do that?

I changed the Doomstone Tower Perk/Power. Everything is working now, EXCEPT that on the Skyrim map, the Tower stone still has the old name.

Thanks!!

Any1 know any existing armor mods that would add fur/pelt armors for immersive coldweather survival ? especialy looking for mod that adds hooded fur armor/robes or something like that maybe fur armor retexturing mods that would change pathetic looking helmet

For a one stop solution check out Immersive Armors.