Sierra Madre Cloud grenades/mines

Courier07

When I finished Dead Money, I was somewhat dissapointed that the cloud residue was only useful for characters based on Survival and nothing else.

The cloud is a highly toxic chemical, so how come a player with a high explosives or science skill could not make another form of delivery that doesn't involve coating a melee weapon in it?

It would be interesting to use Cloud-based gas grenades and mines against enemies, and I have not seen yet seen weapons based upon this concept yet.

When I finished Dead Money, I was somewhat dissapointed that the cloud residue was only useful for characters based on Survival and nothing else.

The cloud is a highly toxic chemical, so how come a player with a high explosives or science skill could not make another form of delivery that doesn't involve coating a melee weapon in it?

It would be interesting to use Cloud-based gas grenades and mines against enemies, and I have not seen yet seen weapons based upon this concept yet.

I don't see why not, cloud kiss can be a potent poison (it's listed as both corrosive and poisonous), and we have gas grenades (cut content and on nexus). A jar of it, some explosives and a sensor module could make a pretty decent mine, swap out the senseor module for a egg timer for a grenade. I could put both together for you in blender using the cloud kiss bottle as a base, it'd be easy.

Give me a shout if you want me to take a shot at it.

And before you say anything, the residue it leaves behind is different then the actual cloud mind you. :wink:

The residue itself is used (along with other items) to make Cloud Kiss and the lethal version is more powerful than bleak venom (169 damage, 13 per a second for 13 seconds). Putting a lethal toxin/corrosive in someone's lungs is probably going to be pretty effective.

It works from a technical perspective. As far as I know, the Cloud is some variant of chlorine gas - that's at least what it seems to be from its in-game descriptions. Not sure how you'd go about scripting a grenade using it as a weapon, though - nor how you'd set about balancing it. With all that said, it could make a pretty fun area denial weapon.

I don't see why not, cloud kiss can be a potent poison (it's listed as both corrosive and poisonous), and we have gas grenades (cut content and on nexus). A jar of it, some explosives and a sensor module could make a pretty decent mine, swap out the senseor module for a egg timer for a grenade. I could put both together for you in blender using the cloud kiss bottle as a base, it'd be easy.

Give me a shout if you want me to take a shot at it.

You'll do the mesh? That would be great. Thanks for the help.

By the way, do you have a link to the gas grenade mod? I tried searching for it but nothing came up. I could look at how that gas grenade works and try to do somthing similar with it.

hey devin....how about a militarized version....well a psychotic inhumane version, recycle the incendiary grenade model, and replace the explosion effect with the cloud, that i dont know how to do, i released a smoke grenade mod, that has the effects of blinding those hit by it but the graphics are default incendiary

i could see a weaponized version of the cloud too, the villa was used as a testing ground for the gas, and the one guy who would have lived to tell the tale...well that explains the presence of the assassins suit in the hospital

get a (lot of a) compound that is a gas at low temperatures, like 50f and up(oxygen is a gas till negative something so its possible), that is heavier than air and put it in a sealed compound, i could see it still being there after 200 years....minus the main plaza gate being metal slats and all

You'll do the mesh? That would be great. Thanks for the help.

By the way, do you have a link to the gas grenade mod? I tried searching for it but nothing came up. I could look at how that gas grenade works and try to do somthing similar with it.

I'll put it all together for you, with the standard caveat that if anyone wants to do it before I tackle the mod, they are more than welcome. I'm a bit behind (just restored/reloaded my system partition) and I have a backlog of requests to attend to.

The gas grenade is a cut content, but there is probably a mod somewhere on nexus that restores it.

hey devin....how about a militarized version....well a psychotic inhumane version, recycle the incendiary grenade model, and replace the explosion effect with the cloud, that i dont know how to do, i released a smoke grenade mod, that has the effects of blinding those hit by it but the graphics are default incendiary

Remember that lovable, batsh*t crazy curmudgeon Elijah? There's an alternate dead money ending if you side with him;

"The last chapter of the Mojave came when a modified REPCONN rocket struck Hoover Dam, releasing a blood-red cloud, killing all stationed there."

So Elijah weaponizes it. But I think it's better to keep the jury rigged grenade as opposed to an actual industrially produced military weapon that used the substance. The think tanks certainly did use the Sieria Madre as a testing ground, but I think it was on a very large scale, I don't, personally, think they cared about teh cloud as a small arms weapon. But if you want it I can change the model for you, but still keep the red cloud effect.

i could see a weaponized version of the cloud too, the villa was used as a testing ground for the gas, and the one guy who would have lived to tell the tale...well that explains the presence of the assassins suit in the hospital

Well the assassin suit is actually the stealth suit mk I from OWB, it was taken and used by Christine in DM (I'm guessing it was unequipped shortly before Dean trapped her in the auto-doc).

get a (lot of a) compound that is a gas at low temperatures, like 50f and up(oxygen is a gas till negative something so its possible), that is heavier than air and put it in a sealed compound, i could see it still being there after 200 years....minus the main plaza gate being metal slats and all

Sorry brother, could you run that one by me again. What would you do with all the gas?

The Assassin Suit was Christine's; she picked it up in the Big Empty. It was the 'Stealth Suit Mk. I', reverse-engineered from Chinese Stealth Suits.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Dammit Devin >:(

Actually, does anyone remember what the Cloud was? It sure as hell wasn't a chemical weapon. Some kind of construction accident?

Edited by MarchUntoTorment

Actually, does anyone remember what the Cloud was? It sure as hell wasn't a chemical weapon. Some kind of construction accident?

It really wasn't an accident, it was a experiment by the think tanks (well former think tanks, when they were human). There's some lore about it in OWB. If I remember right it's distributed by the climate control system (air conditioning etc), so I think there is a machine deep in the Sierria Madre's infrastructure/maintenance tunnels that produces it (it's possible there was a finite amount, but unlikely since it lasted 200+ years).

There is a wiki page that lists a detailed breakdown on it and it's history.